ICON CLASS UPDATE

2 hours ago, Matt said:

@DanielMallorca85 Are these your photos? Or photos you found elsewhere? If they are someone elese photos you should give them credit for it.

Oh sorry! 🙏 I am not photos.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2658057-icon-of-the-seas-blocks-are-in-the-house/page/50/

1st image: We can now see an *official* small glimpse at what the front of the ship will look like!

2nd image: This is a screen grab from 4:34 in the new “Making an Icon” video series by Royal Caribbean on YouTube. It caught my eye because it looks like some sort of theater space, possibly something like the AquaTheater because of all the little holes.

C5BCA9A1-FDC8-4CD2-83AB-0899F6252EF4.jpeg

107014E2-713D-4B0B-B600-8543FD1EE07F.png

1 hour ago, Joseph Wahoski said:

1st image: We can now see an *official* small glimpse at what the front of the ship will look like!

2nd image: This is a screen grab from 4:34 in the new “Making an Icon” video series by Royal Caribbean on YouTube. It caught my eye because it looks like some sort of theater space, possibly something like the AquaTheater because of all the little holes.

C5BCA9A1-FDC8-4CD2-83AB-0899F6252EF4.jpeg

I'm wondering if they're replacing the Viking Crown Lounge with a lounge under a glass dome?

On 8/18/2022 at 10:17 AM, Vancity Cruiser said:

270 is an amazing space but it absolutely sucks as a theatre venue.

It's not the best, but at least they're trying to utilize the space during the evening when there isn't a view.  I always wondered since they went fully climate control enclosure on Wonder for the Solarium, if they wouldn't dip their toes into turning that area into an entertainment venue in the evenings with the same kind of technology projections onto the panels.

On 8/18/2022 at 10:17 AM, Vancity Cruiser said:

Two70 was attempt to move beyond a 2D stage.  When you sit in a traditional theater the performance is in front of you moving in two dimensions primarily with very limited depth.

Two70 was designed to be a 3D stage where there is action all around you including potentially behind you at times, or nearly so.  This makes the theatrical experience immersive.  

Once this was pointed out to me I tried sitting in different areas for the same show.  As human beings we can often fall into ruts like always sitting in the same location.  In Two70 it's important to try different seating areas.  The balcony seats upstairs offer a more traditional 2D non-immersive experience while different seating areas downstairs yield a different show experience for every performance. 

Two70 was never imagined to be a traditional theatre space.  That's what the main theatre is there for.  

On 8/18/2022 at 9:17 AM, Vancity Cruiser said:

I love 270, I think the space in innovative I like that the audience can get that close to the stage and the action.  It feels much more intimate than the traditional theater.

On 8/18/2022 at 1:27 PM, Rackham said:

I'm wondering if they're replacing the Viking Crown Lounge with a lounge under a glass dome?

The glass dome is more than likely the solarium.  One thing Royal commented on with Wonder of the Seas is people absolutely love the fact the solarium has been climatized. 

On 8/19/2022 at 4:59 PM, DanielMallorca85 said:

Royal Caribbean released a new episode on making Icon of the Seas and revealed the new ship's major goals 

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2022/08/18/royal-caribbean-outlines-the-5-goals-its-bold-new-cruise-ship

I'm surprised no one's mentioned the anti-gravity stuff yet, shown when they're saying "a new, diverse, additional variety of entertainment onboard".

Or is that something that already exists? Maybe it's just a video in the escape room on Oasis (I haven't been)?

Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 11.56.09.png

3 hours ago, SuzanneM said:

I'm surprised no one's mentioned the anti-gravity stuff yet, shown when they're saying "a new, diverse, additional variety of entertainment onboard".

Or is that something that already exists? Maybe it's just a video in the escape room on Oasis (I haven't been)?

Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 11.56.09.png

I think this portion of the film is from the show "flight." I'm not sure which ship it is on, but I've seen that clip on marketing videos for some time now.