ICON CLASS UPDATE

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Vancity Cruiser said:

Royal has anounced an anouncement lol. There will be an Icon information reveal event in September in NYC. 

Royal is really playing this one up, I hope it lives up to the hype!

I have a feeling that it will live up to the hype.  The last time I think Royal was this secretive about the launch of whole new class of ship was for Oasis and she certainly lived up to the hype.

I'm confident Royal won't let us down and our patience will be rewarded in September!!!

13 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I'm ready to book!

Yes I am too.... I've held off booking any cruises between October and December of 2023.  Normally I would have already had my end of year 2B2 7 night cruises lock in but I'm waiting for ICON!!!!

I'm hoping the stars align for me and my husband and we can get on the inaugural cruise.  We've never done an inaugural cruise for a brand new ship ever so I have my fingers crossed that the inaugural cruise won't happen during the week of Thanksgiving 2023.  I would have to come up with a really good believable lie that could get by my mother as to why I'm not at Thanksgiving dinner.  My mother (she had 5 children) is an expert lie detector I don't understand how she knows a lie from the truth even over the phone. 

1 hour ago, Chili said:

Here’s a screenshot off tik tok , I don’t think anyone would care about it being posted.

Going by the tight fit into the dry dock it’s as big if not bigger than oasis class.

125B2C6F-A4EF-4CF8-B9DB-29AF368C9586.thumb.png.867e0a66c8a532aa2de5ca7f60101903.png

It is definitely wider that that Carnival Excel Class cruise ship behind it. 

Carnival can keep their Excel Class ship I have no problem waiting for something Iconic.

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Monkey Cruiser said:

A photo of the Icon of the Seas construction.

https://www.shipspotting.com/photos/3452444

20220802_020844.jpg

I wonder if the two openings visible will continue to top deck akin to Oasis class. Is starting to look likely.

I believe many have said is looking like a Quantum/Oasis hybrid.

Oh the anticipation and secrecy. 

16 hours ago, Joseph Wahoski said:

New update of what Icon will look like, courtesy of @loyal.to.royal on Instagram

C1EDF5E5-6FE2-4B82-8548-0AF741588F62.png

I know it's too soon to tell but it looks like there's no Viking Crown lounge.  I know it's valuable real estate and as of late has been dedicated to suite lounges and dining but how can a ship called Icon OTS not have one of the truly iconic Royal Caribbean features?  I remember the days of having to walk up an outside staircase to access the Viking Crown (yes, I am old 🙂 )  You could always tell a RC ship in the distance by her silhouette with the Viking Crown.

3 hours ago, Jjohnb said:

I know it's too soon to tell but it looks like there's no Viking Crown lounge.  I know it's valuable real estate and as of late has been dedicated to suite lounges and dining but how can a ship called Icon OTS not have one of the truly iconic Royal Caribbean features?  I remember the days of having to walk up an outside staircase to access the Viking Crown (yes, I am old 🙂 )  You could always tell a RC ship in the distance by her silhouette with the Viking Crown.

Wonder doesn't have a Viking Crown.  It has something in that area but it's clearly not a Crown.  Quantum didn't have that feature when they debuted.  Oasis class sort of has a Viking Crown and they copied that through Symphony but not to Wonder.

I think it's safe to say the Viking Crown concept was lost with Quantum class and they only retained it on some Oasis class as they were coping the last in class.    

It seems Icon carries on with the Quantum trend of no crown.

14 hours ago, twangster said:

Wonder doesn't have a Viking Crown.  It has something in that area but it's clearly not a Crown.  Quantum didn't have that feature when they debuted.  Oasis class sort of has a Viking Crown and they copied that through Symphony but not to Wonder.

I think it's safe to say the Viking Crown concept was lost with Quantum class and they only retained it on some Oasis class as they were coping the last in class.    

It seems Icon carries on with the Quantum trend of no crown.

We all have our favorite features and memories for various reasons.  It's sad to see it go.