ICON CLASS UPDATE

6 hours ago, LovetoCruise87 said:

Hard to tell about the cabins. And it does look like it is a nice outside promenade. 

Here’s a good shot from CC.

It looks like infinity cabins and a mix of standard balconies.

Love that promenade, how about some outdoor dining areas like Jamie’s on Quantum class ? Wouldn’t that be nice?

image.jpeg.e6a202d64eaf8056c059c4526a52510e.jpeg

22 hours ago, Chili said:

Am I ok posting a few pictures I find here and there Matt?
They won’t have any copyright.

I dont mind, but the issue isn't that the photos have a watermark or not on them.

What typically happens is the person that takes the photo posts them on their social media account. Then someone else saves them and reposts without asking permission. Then you see them, and re-post here.

It's just a very gray area and I always want to be respectful of whomever took the original photo.

Use your best judgement.

10 minutes ago, Jill said:

So what we know is that it’s been installed on the promenade. Question is: what is it? 

Hubby thinks it’s a new Death Star as Royal prepares to take over the cruise industry 

With its location in the promenade, I'm beginning to lean towards it being a multi deck bar - something unique, kinda how Rising Tide is unique to Oasis Class 

On 5/14/2022 at 11:24 PM, Matt said:

I dont mind, but the issue isn't that the photos have a watermark or not on them.

What typically happens is the person that takes the photo posts them on their social media account. Then someone else saves them and reposts without asking permission. Then you see them, and re-post here.

It's just a very gray area and I always want to be respectful of whomever took the original photo.

Use your best judgement.

Lloyd Marchard has asked people to stop sharing photos off his Facebook Icon group.

I believe his contacts  have a issue with it ,he does a lot of work.

So unfortunately I won’t post any more photos in respect to his hard work.

I hope it's not just that universal sphere thing. That is a TON of space to be wasted on a single use venue like that. Maybe I am wrong, but that is the kind of thing in a theme park that gets one, maybe two different shows that run all the time. So after you've seen them once you never go back. But I guess the aqua theater and Ice rink is like that too. Maybe it will be cool. I dunno.

22 hours ago, Al Miller said:

Hmmmm... If this becomes a popular venue in Vegas and other Entertainment meccas, perhaps there will be a lot of content made for it and they can keep it from getting stale by getting a trickle of new content on the ships.

Assuming it is a spherical theater, it could be used to show regular movies with either the right projector lens setup or digital calibration of the projector to warp the image appropriately so it'd look relatively normal. Royal might also use it for planetarium shows (there's a slew of content out there already for the curved dome screens; examples here: https://www.mpm.edu/now-showing and https://www.colorado.edu/fiske/showtimes/fulldome-films-star-shows),  IMAX/Omnimax movies (with the lens/digital setup mentioned before), or something nuts using a drone streaming 360 degree footage back to the theater.

And that's not even considering them creating their own films.