Double Cancellation

Balsam

Just wondering if anyone knows what will happen here?

We had a March Radiance sailing cancelled due to Covid.

We opted for the 125% FCC, and booked a December Ovation sailing. We paid a $400 cash deposit for this, then applied our full $4882 FCC toward that cruise, leaving an outstanding $1386. Final payment is due 7 October, so we have not paid this yet.

RC has today announced the cancellation of all Australian sailings through December 31.

We are now considering a March 2021 Serenade sailing, which will only cost us $3348 in total.

If we take FCC for the cancelled Ovation sailing and then use that to pay for the Serenade sailing, what happens to the balance of the FCC? Can we take that as a refund, or will it have to remain as a new FCC?

I've searched these boards as well as Googled, but can't seem to find an answer.

Cheers

@Balsam From what I have understood during this time an FCC will be refunded as an FCC. So you will pay for your Serenade sailing in full with the FCC and then when you step off the ship after your successful (positive thinking here) sailing a new FCC certificate will be generated with the amount left over you did not use. Taxes & fee's are different they are not eligible to be paid with the FCC so those monies will be refunded to the original form of payment. This has been my experience, you have come to the right place if my answer is incorrect our Community here will let us know. Have a great day and LET.US.SAIL!!!

In short, if you cancel your December Ovation sailing, the original FCC from March gets re-issued, and the additional cash you paid ($400?) gets issued as a new FCC.

You might be able to have them combine the FCC into one at the time of cancellation. This is important because you cannot stack FCCs.

8 hours ago, Balsam said:

If we take FCC for the cancelled Ovation sailing and then use that to pay for the Serenade sailing, what happens to the balance of the FCC? Can we take that as a refund, or will it have to remain as a new FCC?

The remainder will be re-issued as a new FCC