Beverage Package Spreadsheet

JT2

I always slip a $10 to the server on the first night when they open up a bottle of wine I brought on board. While I've never encountered a a corkage fee yet, this makes for some incredible service as the week progresses. I also like to give our cabin steward $20 on the first day as well...it's amazing what that investment will do for you during the rest of the cruise.

3 hours ago, JimnKathy said:

I always slip a $10 to the server on the first night when they open up a bottle of wine I brought on board. While I've never encountered a a corkage fee yet, this makes for some incredible service as the week progresses. I also like to give our cabin steward $20 on the first day as well...it's amazing what that investment will do for you during the rest of the cruise.

The $20.00 to the cabin attendant is a sound investment as far as we are concerned.  We learned of it towards the end of our first cruise on Brilliance. Thereafter its something we do as a matter of course.

20 hours ago, crisgold52 said:

TIPPING can be a touchy subject so the only thought I have is... if one wants superior preppy favoritism service why tip a bartender on a mass market line (bar tenders are staff not crew and ones cabin attendant has more back breaking work and keep the whole operation running rather than a bartender who is just here for entertainment purposes) because by this same logic if one can shell out for Loft suites or Star Class then theyd would also be able to afford a cabin on a luxury line where everything is all in and one can get all the pampering there they want.

Before switching our business from DCL, we explored several other cruise lines but Royal star class was the best fit for our family.  We chose star class for several reasons; exclusive service, amenities, experiences, stateroom and the genie. Honestly, the included gratuities were not among them. There are lots of opinions on tipping; so I will not wade into that discussion but I will say, we tip where we are comfortable and it has nothing to do with the category of stateroom we are in.