Cococay Beach Club insane pricing

Shari3

That is high, but I doubt it will stay that high.

I got mine originally at 79 for May 2021 on Symphony and thought that was a bargain.

A few weeks ago I was able to cancel and rebook at 44. per adult.

OBTW, the way we did it so not to lose out (limited quantity).  The 79 was under my hubby's name.  He book the 44 under my name for the two of us.  Once that was done, he came back and canceled the 79.

I only state this because the beach club is like cabanas, limited in number.  If you cancel your original 1st, it might be by the time you purchase at the lower price, they are "SOLD OUT".  If you purchase the new price under the other person's name, and than cancel the old, you are golden

13 hours ago, Pima1988 said:

OBTW, the way we did it so not to lose out (limited quantity).  The 79 was under my hubby's name.  He book the 44 under my name for the two of us.  Once that was done, he came back and canceled the 79.

I only state this because the beach club is like cabanas, limited in number.  If you cancel your original 1st, it might be by the time you purchase at the lower price, they are "SOLD OUT".  If you purchase the new price under the other person's name, and than cancel the old, you are golden

Smart to do the booking under one name and then the other.  Sadly the drink package doesn't work that way because no matter what both of us have to have it when booked.  I still wonder why a deal has to be cancelled before purchasing at a lower price...and that is the "feedback" I left when I filled in the survey.  I know several people who have lost out that way with a limited quantity sale!!  Oh well...

8 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

It's $199 now for the Harmony GC sailing over Thanksgiving 2021.  I got it for $79.

We're now at $189 adult and $169 for children for Oasis next August.  Luckily, I also got in at $79/$59.  I've seen huge jumps in almost all of my CocoCay options.  Waterpark up to $102, Waterpark Cabanas went from $599 to $999, all the other cabanas jumped between $300 and $500.  Looks like about the only thing that didn't spike are the good ol' beach beds, still holding down the fort at $199...

21 hours ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

I still wonder why a deal has to be cancelled before purchasing at a lower price...and that is the "feedback" I left when I filled in the survey.  I know several people who have lost out that way with a limited quantity sale!! 

I work retail.  That is how we do price adjustments.  We actually require you to return the item (just a receipt needed) and than have you re-purchase it at the lower price.  We do not use that old transaction number and than give you back the difference.  So, it might be more on the lines that their hands are tied by the credit card companies requirements when doing price adjustments.  I have worked for 3 different national retailers and they all operate this way with price adjustments.  The only difference is that for retailers nobody is going to scoop up that product during the transaction.

For us cruisers, where we do much of it on line.  Thus, for RCL with hundreds of people looking at the same product at the exact same time, and a limited quantity they do not know if you are truly canceling or trying to do a price adjustment.  Look at the beach club, they only have 225 passes, or the cabanas where they have 20 at Chill.  When the sale occurred they may have had only 2 left, but 10 people are looking at it.  You return it, and by the time you repurchase they are now sold out.   We always use a TA.  We found out that trick a couple of yrs ago from our TA when she rebooked our cabana at the lower price.  She called RCL directly and they walked her through it the way I explained in my previous post.  We are using a TA for this cruise too, but our TA had a death in the family so we tried it on our own and it worked.

22 hours ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Sadly the drink package doesn't work that way because no matter what both of us have to have it when booked.

The drink package is different.  Except for a few weeks ago where they had the very limited quantity at the low price, which only lasted for a few hrs., it really is always unlimited in quantity offered.  Hence, that is never a real factor.  Even with that sale, I want to say it was 47 for my cruise, but Voom was 12.  We had purchased DBP and Voom for 58, so it turned out to be 1 buck more pp for us if we jumped on the 47 DBP when we added in Voom. 

1 hour ago, Pima1988 said:

I work retail.  That is how we do price adjustments.  We actually require you to return the item (just a receipt needed) and than have you re-purchase it at the lower price.  We do not use that old transaction number and than give you back the difference.  So, it might be more on the lines that their hands are tied by the credit card companies requirements when doing price adjustments.  I have worked for 3 different national retailers and they all operate this way with price adjustments.  The only difference is that for retailers nobody is going to scoop up that product during the transaction.

For us cruisers, where we do much of it on line.  Thus, for RCL with hundreds of people looking at the same product at the exact same time, and a limited quantity they do not know if you are truly canceling or trying to do a price adjustment.  Look at the beach club, they only have 225 passes, or the cabanas where they have 20 at Chill.  When the sale occurred they may have had only 2 left, but 10 people are looking at it.  You return it, and by the time you repurchase they are now sold out.   We always use a TA.  We found out that trick a couple of yrs ago from our TA when she rebooked our cabana at the lower price.  She called RCL directly and they walked her through it the way I explained in my previous post.  We are using a TA for this cruise too, but our TA had a death in the family so we tried it on our own and it worked.

The drink package is different.  Except for a few weeks ago where they had the very limited quantity at the low price, which only lasted for a few hrs., it really is always unlimited in quantity offered.  Hence, that is never a real factor.  Even with that sale, I want to say it was 47 for my cruise, but Voom was 12.  We had purchased DBP and Voom for 58, so it turned out to be 1 buck more pp for us if we jumped on the 47 DBP when we added in Voom. 

All I can say is WOW...    

This is slightly different subject but somewhat aligned, so I will use this opportunity to brag on my wondiferous Travel Agent yet one more time !!!  @michelle has once again proven that she is the TOP TOP of the heap (no disrespect intended.  It's a FABULOUS heap) for customer service - especially since she has been working for 6 months on a DAILY (and often more than that) basis for us for $-0-...

I have read, from time-to-time, people ask whether or not they can "swap" cabins with a family member or another reservation. It's not a super common question, but I have heard it asked before.  @michelledid it for me yesterday.  Of course, the primary requirement is that she (the TA) must hold control of both sets of reservations.  If the other party had been booked with someone else, she would not have been able to affect the swap.  I learned that someone in our unofficial group cruise wanted to switch their suite to a different one that had suddenly become available and I desperately wanted THEIR suite.  I knew that if I let that suite go back into general inventory, my chances of snagging it were minimal.  So, when I found out that Michelle was going to be making a change on their reservation, I asked if there was any way she could immediately change OUR reservation so that we could jump into their recently-vacated suite without having to put that suite back into inventory, first.  To be completely honest, I fully expected to hear "no", I cannot do it that way.  But, as usual, I was wrong.  Within minutes, Michelle had transferred the other reservation to the suite that they wanted and moved Dan and I into their vacated suite.  I had to pay the prevailing rate, of course, but I didn't care.  I was so happy to get the suite we really wanted...and the other couple got the suite they really wanted.  Win-win.

Here's the real lesson in this story (and why this is slightly aligned with the thread topic).  The Star Loft Suite that we vacated never came back into inventory on the website.  Michelle said that there was probably someone on a waitlist for a SLS so that when we vacated it, they snatched it up automatically.  THAT is precisely what would have happened to the other suite had Michelle not been there to affect the swap herself.  It would have never shown as "available" and I would not have been able to snag it.

So kudos to @michelleAGAIN and to all of the other TAs who are working so hard for nothing right now.

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

This is slightly different subject but somewhat aligned, so I will use this opportunity to brag on my wondiferous Travel Agent yet one more time !!!  @michelle has once again proven that she is the TOP TOP of the heap (no disrespect intended.  It's a FABULOUS heap) for customer service - especially since she has been working for 6 months on a DAILY (and often more than that) basis for us for $-0-...

I have read, from time-to-time, people ask whether or not they can "swap" cabins with a family member or another reservation. It's not a super common question, but I have heard it asked before.  @michelledid it for me yesterday.  Of course, the primary requirement is that she (the TA) must hold control of both sets of reservations.  If the other party had been booked with someone else, she would not have been able to affect the swap.  I learned that someone in our unofficial group cruise wanted to switch their suite to a different one that had suddenly become available and I desperately wanted THEIR suite.  I knew that if I let that suite go back into general inventory, my chances of snagging it were minimal.  So, when I found out that Michelle was going to be making a change on their reservation, I asked if there was any way she could immediately change OUR reservation so that we could jump into their recently-vacated suite without having to put that suite back into inventory, first.  To be completely honest, I fully expected to hear "no", I cannot do it that way.  But, as usual, I was wrong.  Within minutes, Michelle had transferred the other reservation to the suite that they wanted and moved Dan and I into their vacated suite.  I had to pay the prevailing rate, of course, but I didn't care.  I was so happy to get the suite we really wanted...and the other couple got the suite they really wanted.  Win-win.

Here's the real lesson in this story (and why this is slightly aligned with the thread topic).  The Star Loft Suite that we vacated never came back into inventory on the website.  Michelle said that there was probably someone on a waitlist for a SLS so that when we vacated it, they snatched it up automatically.  THAT is precisely what would have happened to the other suite had Michelle not been there to affect the swap herself.  It would have never shown as "available" and I would not have been able to snag it.

So kudos to @michelleAGAIN and to all of the other TAs who are working so hard for nothing right now.

Saw exactly your example on a previous family cruise.

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I paid $58.99 PP for the Coco Beach Club for our 13 Dec 2020 Oasis Cruise.

Thank you for that info!   I guess I should wait before I buy. Or maybe buy and refund if it goes on sale???   Anyone have any thoughts as to if it is even worth it at what price point?

Also paid 58.99PP  CoCo Beach Club for 11/30/20 Anthem, was 97.99 yesterday., back to 58.99 today. Looked up CP prices for our 10/21 Anthem b2b, same ship, prices different from each segment. Water pkg 11.00 on 1st, 15.00 on second. The Key is now 23.99 for the 1st, 27.99 on the 2nd. Seems pretty arbitrary. Iḿ sure there will be future sales closer to sailings for later in 21

On 9/25/2020 at 6:10 PM, stevendom57 said:

Is snorkel gear complimentary if I have the Cococay Beach Club? If so, can I use it on any beach on the island?

TIA

Steven

Snorkel gear is only complimentary if you have reserved a cabana (any cabana...not just the Cocoa Beach Club) and I would assume you can use it wherever you'd like!

• 1 month later...