Unlimited Dining Plan Questions on Harmony

HeatherP

Hi Heather! You are able to eat in multiple locations in one night (based on availability) and Johnny Rockets is included. You aren't able to make your dining reservations in advance, so I highly recommend making them as soon as you are onboard the ship. Here are two blog posts about it with more info: 

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2019/04/10/royal-caribbean-introduces-new-unlimited-dining-package

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/royal-caribbean-dining-packages

• 1 month later...

Y

On 9/8/2020 at 9:54 AM, HeatherP said:

Can someone please explain how this works? 

Can I schedule lunches on sea days? 

Dinners get scheduled ahead of time?

Can I eat at multiple locations in a night? 

Johnny Rockets included?

Most lunches you can just walk right in..  We did this with Sabor and Jamies

You can make all of your reservations at any specialty restaurant the day of embarkation. 

Absolutely!  We had apps at 150 CP, Dinner at Chops, and dessert at Jamies ?

Yes Johnny Rockets is included ?

Don't forget to try Izumi Hibachi! 

Hope you wouldn't mind a few more clarifications, and apologies if this was posted before...

With the Unlimited Dining Plan, is there a way to reserve dinners in advance before boarding? i've tried to reserve via the Cruise Planner but it does not recognize that i've purchased the UDP and wants to charge me separately. 

Also, with the UDP, does the Chops upcharge still apply for lobster or other add-ons?

Thanks!

No, there is no way to reserve meals prior to boarding with the UDP unless you’re in a suite (GS or higher).  The trade-off for getting the reduced price for specialty dining is that you cannot make advance reservations. Those who pay full price get first choice.  If you are staying in a full suite, the Suites Concierge can make dining reservations prior to boarding as they reach out to you a few days prior to boarding.  Aside from the Suite option, you should make reservations as soon as you board at one of the specialty restaurants or at one of the special kiosks that are stationed around for that express purpose.  My feeling is that reservations are going to be both precious and necessary with COVID protocols in place.

No, the upcharge items at Chops still require an upcharge, even with the UDP.  The only time that upcharge items are included is for Star Class.

12 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

No, there is no way to reserve meals prior to boarding with the UDP unless you’re in a suite (GS or higher).  The trade-off for getting the reduced price for specialty dining is that you cannot make advance reservations. Those who pay full price get first choice.  If you are staying in a full suite, the Suites Concierge can make dining reservations prior to boarding as they reach out to you a few days prior to boarding.  Aside from the Suite option, you should make reservations as soon as you board at one of the specialty restaurants or at one of the special kiosks that are stationed around for that express purpose.  My feeling is that reservations are going to be both precious and necessary with COVID protocols in place.

No, the upcharge items at Chops still require an upcharge, even with the UDP.  The only time that upcharge items are included is for Star Class.

Thanks WAAAYTOO- really appreciate the info. I'm D+ with Royal but only recently started viewing the blogs. You and others have provided very helpful tips- and thanks to you, i got a great deal on an OS on Oasis. Be well.

- Stacey 

Once you connect to the ship's wifi you can actually make reservations in the app.  I was able to make same day reservations when I had the UDP (albeit for the super early 5pm and super late 9pm time slots).  It's handy if you want to plan to pop in somewhere for a snack pre-dinner or dessert post-dinner.  

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, The Sea Witch said:

I also have a question about the dining. I am trying to plan out my agenda for my UDP...

Is sabor open for lunch on port days?

Specialty restaurant hours of operation are totally ship-dependent but in general, under non-COVID “rules”, specialty restaurants are usually open on sea days.