Social Media chatter

deep1

Though this blog is the one place I go to get real info, I do follow and see chatter elsewhere. Yesterday I saw  a few posts fro people who supposedly have friends in the game that were asked to be ready to come back late this month and early next month. Normally I dismiss stuff I have no way to verify but two of the reports came from people who got crew departures correct some time back. I made mention a few weeks ago when I booked another spring run I was making small talk about upcoming cruises likely to cancel. The agent was probably the very best I ever had  the pleasure of dealing with. She was adamant that my Harmony in November would be sailing... Who knows... The extensions will eventually end . First trips will eventually happen. I see no reason that we can't be at that crossroad now???? 

On 9/11/2020 at 4:20 AM, crisgold52 said:

Let's assume all is well and they do come back before end of the year and the big 3 institute rapid testing in order to embark much like other countries have.

With so much asymptomatic spread stateside it's highly probable there will be more than one person at enbarkation who will test positive after a battery of secondary diagnostics.

Well it is safe to reasonably say there will be a lot of disappointed and irate holiday makers turned away as well. Wonder how theyd deal with that as if testing is enacted there will be positives in the terminal. It's a given. So people will he denied boarding thereby setting off a chain of bad feelings from those denied. With 6.3 million cases one has to wonder. 

The reality is with respiratory season coming there will be a lot more folks who will come down with it.

Just imagine folks... you and your spouse and kids turn up.. or a large group of friends cruising together and one tests positive and the rest are close contacts... too bad your group is denied. I can already envision there will be irate guests who will express themselves loudly in the terminals... very loudly about height turned away. One has to wonder what compensation they would get other than a simple FCC... after all theyd have invested their time and expenses used to get to the port.

While they might protest. Its incumbent on people to show up healthy. Getting bumped would be part of that. Better than exposing a few thousand others. I would think for the one who tests positive that their focus  might shift from "Oh rats, I'm gonna miss my cruise" to "Oh, crud... I have a potentially deadly disease... "...  Its not the cruise lines fault you were exposed. 

On 9/11/2020 at 2:20 AM, crisgold52 said:

With so much asymptomatic spread stateside it's highly probable there will be more than one person at enbarkation who will test positive after a battery of secondary diagnostics.

Curious with your ill towards America if feel the same towards Quebec.  With only 23% of the country's population Quebec accounts for 48% of the Canada's COVID cases. 

Pretty much half of Canada's cases can be found in Quebec.  So what went so wrong in Canada that one region, the largest province with a significant population is such a disaster? 

It's easy to find statistics and focus on them to formulate an opinion.  You paint the entire U.S.A. with one brush yet your own country if painted in the same manner should be feared around the world. 

How about we focus on cruising and leave the statistical and political commentary for other forums?