Trying to register - credit card refused

ChuckC

I've been trying to rebook a cruise that was cancelled due to the pandemic, but after going through the whole registration process online my credit card was refused!  I have absolutely no problem with my credit card, and my browser fills in the number automatically (but I checked it anyway to make sure it was correct).  I tried three different credit cards and all three were refused.  I can't call them because their offices are closed for the Labor Day holiday.  Is anyone else having a problem with their credit cards on the Royal Caribbean website?

Labor Day or not someone should answer the number on the back of the card, 24/7/365(6).

I would call the CC and see what happened with the transaction, if they never received it, glitch on RCL side, if they did you'll know why it was refused.

Good Luck!

Edited by sk8erguy1978
Typo

3 hours ago, sk8erguy1978 said:

Labor Day or not someone should answer the number on the back of the card, 24/7/365(6).

I would call the CC and see what happened with the transaction, if they never received it, glitch on RCL side, if they did you'll know why it was refused.

Good Luck!

It was not a Royal Caribbean credit card.  I was trying to call the Royal Caribbean help number and there was a recording that they were closed.  My bank has no record of a transaction attempt so it's almost certainly a problem at Royal Caribbean.  I was wondering if anyone else had seen it.

8 hours ago, ChuckC said:

It was not a Royal Caribbean credit card.  I was trying to call the Royal Caribbean help number and there was a recording that they were closed.  My bank has no record of a transaction attempt so it's almost certainly a problem at Royal Caribbean.  I was wondering if anyone else had seen it.

This has happened to me many times. Their website is HORRIBLE. You don't need to talk to the Royal Help desk they are no help. You just need to call the regular reservation line and tell them you want to make a payment. They will take your payment over the phone and it will be done. 

I did try two different web browsers and that didn't help either.  I finally had to do what the other poster suggested and call their reservation number (they were open today).  It was tedious to have to give all the information over the phone to a non-English speaker but I have a reservation now.  Thanks!

20 hours ago, ChuckC said:

Didn't think the Bank of America RCL card but also didn't realize you spoke to your CC already.

10 hours ago, Matt said:

Try a different web browser.

I had this issue once and it turned out one of my browser plugins was blocking a piece of code on their site.

8 hours ago, ChuckC said:

I did try two different web browsers and that didn't help either.  I finally had to do what the other poster suggested and call their reservation number (they were open today).  It was tedious to have to give all the information over the phone to a non-English speaker but I have a reservation now.  Thanks!

Interesting. Which two? (Out of curiosity). Sometimes you might have to go as far as clearing all cookies and such. Maybe try incognito in Chrome, I think that will ignore plugins assuming the "allow in incognito" isn't active.

Also it pains me to say this (because I believe their purpose is to download the Chrome installer lol) but sometimes the OS provided browser (Edge for Windows or Safari for macOS) will work better to circumvent a browser bug in Firefox or Chrome. 

Anyway, glad to see it's all worked out for now! 

Edited by sk8erguy1978
Extra space ... Add