First time cruise

Welcome, Bogeypro.

That's a broad question, and I'm not too sure where to start.  Perhaps let us know you're family's makeup (ages and such), what you want to/plan to do on-board, in port, etc so we have a bit more to go on.  This site and it's members have lots of great info, but I'll start you off w/ a few links below.

This link takes you to all the posts specifically about/for first timers, but note this may mean first time on a given ship, first time in a certain area, or first cruise ever.  Browse and enjoy!

http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/category/category/first-time-cruisers

These links are for mistakes to avoid your first time.  The first is a blog post, the second is a podcast that you can listen to right on the page if you want.  I'm actually the goof on that episode of the podcast with Matt (the gentleman who runs this site), so if you think any of my advice is terrible, you know where to give feedback :-)

http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2014/07/17/first-time-cruisers-ten-mistakes-avoid

http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/podcast/episode-146-top-ten-mistakes-first-time-royal-caribbean-cruisers

It is a very large open question. First I would say make a plan, do not just get on the ship and say we will work it out. Study this site and the ship information, google the ports and find out a little about them. Port calls are short so you will not be able to do everything in the port. Plan out a few things for each port, also plan ship stuff for the sea days. 

If you study these post and the blog here you will have a very good understanding and plan of action. Also understand 7 days is not enough time to do everything on the ship without the port calls so don't try to do to much. Last and most important it is a vacation, things can change, ports, routes, etc, just relax  and enjoy the cruise.

Great itinerary for this cruise. Since it is the Caribbean, there will be a lot of beach breaks offered, scuba and snuba diving. Every port has swimming with dolphins, which is fun to do. There is whale watching, I love to do this, Jeep Safari, Zip Lining (kids love it), Turtle Farm, etc. It will depend on what your children's preferences are. I can tell you I did the Turtle Farm and it was one of the most interesting excursions I have done. Just go online and print a brochure of all of the excursions and let your children read about them and see what appeals to them.