Anyone's Travel agent having a hard time

I actually called Royal direct and worked through the associate there and found the information about our cancellation. They then call my TA and authorized our refund of the taxes, port fees and insurance while I was on the line. Went a lot quicker that way. Make sure you have all your information when you call; booking number, dates, amounts, etc..

Man   ..  I'm royally pissed..    I was advised by the travel company the reason for the cancellation was due to last payment not submitted even when they had advised me the last payment submission was extended.  I had full intentions in paying the remaining balance before the due date,...     Even though I can't see any sailing for the remainder of 2020..  but you never know.   the other travel agent has assured me the Nov sailing will be canceled.     I would rather have paid my last payment then the sailing cancelled.

It was a mistake on their part and I don't know how to deal with this.   

The travel agent I was dealing with kept telling me she was on hold for hours almost every day, then to reach someone who had no clue what they were doing.   

I think it's best that I move on to  MEI "Sharla"? or link up with another travel agent of the same company.

18 minutes ago, Rene Desmarais said:

I think it's best that I move on to  MEI "Sharla"? or link up with another travel agent of the same company.

YES !

Sorry to hear about the trouble.  I fear it is an agent issue and the only way to solve it is to get a GOOD agent.  Anyone at MEI will fill that bill

21 hours ago, Rene Desmarais said:

My travel agent has been having bad luck in reaching RCL to manage my bookings.

My Nov 2nd sailing was recently cancelled, and it has been 2 weeks with no luck  getting through to RCL

Frustrating....

My agent has made a number of changes for me recently, some easy, some complex.  

This past weekend at least one change required she call Royal.  Within an hour of telling her what I wanted to do I received an email from Royal.   It was one of those automated emails when you purchase or cancel something in the cruise planner.   This was expected since I was moving that cruise to a different ship and sail date.  I had booked excursions with OBC so I didn't bother to cancel them myself since there was no credit card involved.  This served to tell me how long it took for her to reach Royal and get my cruise changed.   A few minutes later I checked "My Cruises" and my new cruise was there with the right cabin number. 

I changed three cruises this weekend and all were done within hours. 

One of my changes involved a NextCruise booking that had Next OBC.  That OBC was lost in the migration to my new ship.  I emailed her and within minutes she had the NextCruise OBC restored (another phone call to Royal).

I'm not sure why your travel agent is having a hard time reaching Royal.  My agent is able to work with them very effectively right now.  

5 hours ago, Rene Desmarais said:

Man   ..  I'm royally pissed..    I was advised by the travel company the reason for the cancellation was due to last payment not submitted even when they had advised me the last payment submission was extended.  I had full intentions in paying the remaining balance before the due date,...     Even though I can't see any sailing for the remainder of 2020..  but you never know.   the other travel agent has assured me the Nov sailing will be canceled.     I would rather have paid my last payment then the sailing cancelled.

It was a mistake on their part and I don't know how to deal with this.   

The travel agent I was dealing with kept telling me she was on hold for hours almost every day, then to reach someone who had no clue what they were doing.   

Hi Rene, If you'd like to email me [email protected] I can help going forward for sure! I'm sorry this happened to you!