Mariner cabin choice

Neesa

For those of you have sailed on the Voyager class would you prefer a 2 bedroom grande suite to the 1 bedroom? I really wanted to book the panoramic in front but the two are unavailable. I REALLY prefer 2 bathrooms with our teenage daughter but it's only 4 nights. I watched the you tube videos and am not sure I would enjoy the aft balcony as it appears very obstructed. Also can you smell the exhaust, feel the rock of the ship more? Thanks for your thoughts. Seriously I would stow away in the bottom of the ship to sail already.

sad inside out GIF by Disney Pixar

Both are great rooms.  The downside with the 1 BDR GS is like you said, only 1 bathroom and narrow balcony on that class of ships.  Also, choose the cabin wisely because most of them are on deck 10, right below the pool deck.

The 2 BDR GS, you obviously get a lot more space both in the cabin and on the balcony, but like you said, the view is very obstructed at the back of the Voyager class ships.  I have also read some reports of soot ending up on the balcony of some of these aft cabins due to location.  But those reports seem to be hit and miss so I would not lean to heavily on those.

If it were me, and I now have one teenager daughter and one very soon to be teenager, I will always choose the space in the cabin first.  So even with the obstruction, given the choice, I would likely pick the 2BDR GS.

I sailed in a 2br GS on the aft of Navigator, you can follow my live blog below in my signature and see pictures etc. I agree that the space premium outweighs the obstruction of the view. I don't feel that the view is as "obstructed" as people feel, but that is a very subjective statement.  As far as exhaust fumes, I occasionally was able to get an odor and noticed soot, but some of that depended on wind direction as well. One thing I noticed while on Navigator, was I felt vibrations as the ship backed into its berth at Coco Cay etc more than any extra rocking or ship movement.

Two adjoining balcony rooms are nice and usually less expensive.  Most ships have a few suites with adjoining balcony rooms as well.  We have done a JS with adjoining balcony room on our last two cruises and two adjoining balcony rooms on the cruise before that.  DD have there own room and bath and my wife and I have our suite.