Legit or not? cwc and l & s

suna

Well, as many others, I'm wondering if I should lift and shift one of my holiday cruise to next year.

We are suppose to be b2b on enchantment  december 19 2020 to january 2nd 2021, my dream cruise :(

Lift and shift enchantment december 19th 2020 to empress december 24th next year but...

Since there is no sailing on empress before or after december 24-31 2021, I don't know what to do with the second leg.

Also, I'm already book on Vision 2021 holiday sailing...

I'm thinking of  doing ''cwc'' with the vision and lift and shift my enchantment dec.19th 2020 few weeks later....

The 2 holidays are booked with different TA. Final payment in 3 weeks ?

Possible or not? 

For the Vision 2021 sailing, you shouldn't need to leverage CWC since you are well before that sailing's final payment. Should be fine to fully cancel that for a refund, unless you're thinking of doing an L&S when the 2022 sailings become available. Royal won't care if you're double-booked, so you could keep the Vision booking around until you find a replacement for L&S.

1 hour ago, JLMoran said:

Royal won't care if you're double-booked

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Correct. Royal Caribbean doesn't look at a back to back as anything other than two different reservations.

So you could L&S the first sailing, and then take a CWC for the second.

To be clear, I was referring to being "double-booked" in terms of having two sailings with overlapping itinerary dates, rather than B2B or S2S. That is, the OP could do an L&S of their current holiday sailing to the 2021 date on Empress, and keep the Vision booking that overlaps with Empress active until that one can have its own L&S to 2022.

I'm assuming that's also totally fine, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

4 hours ago, JLMoran said:

To be clear, I was referring to being "double-booked" in terms of having two sailings with overlapping itinerary dates, rather than B2B or S2S. That is, the OP could do an L&S of their current holiday sailing to the 2021 date on Empress, and keep the Vision booking that overlaps with Empress active until that one can have its own L&S to 2022.

They don't care about that, either.  I had 2 booked on exactly the same days for a while.

5 hours ago, JLMoran said:

34 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

They don't care about that, either.  I had 2 booked on exactly the same days for a while.

+1.  With the whole Covid cancel/shuffle/Plan A/B/C mess lately, we have double booked ourselves a few times already.  One time they even said to my TA, "You know your client is double booked on that date right?", and they still didn't care.

Good luck using your lift and shift RCI have altered all cruises so they dont match any offered under the L&S as their terms and conditios  state that it must be the same itinerary and duration.

I tried to book a 9 night cruise same area 1 night less  ( booked for a 10 night cruise with 1 extra port) they said no because it doesnt match like for like 

so i checked several other cruises and there was not one that matched a 20/21 sailinign with a 21/22 

48 minutes ago, Medico said:

Good luck using your lift and shift RCI have altered all cruises so they dont match any offered under the L&S as their terms and conditios  state that it must be the same itinerary and duration.

I tried to book a 9 night cruise same area 1 night less  ( booked for a 10 night cruise with 1 extra port) they said no because it doesnt match like for like 

so i checked several other cruises and there was not one that matched a 20/21 sailinign with a 21/22 

Welcome to the message boards.

My early L&S experience was one where they were very particular about similarities before they would L&S a cruise.  That was several months ago. 

I had a conversation with my travel agent about some European based cruises booked for 2021 over the weekend.  She stated they are now being much more flexible.  I'm hesitant to cruise out of Europe right now as an American facing so many unknowns about flights and travel bans based on country of residence.  I didn't want to purchase flights to and from various European cities at the moment, for me, cruising closer to home once cruising restarts is just easier to think about.

Based on that I had her change a spring 9 night Greek cruise to a fall 9 night Southern Caribbean and a summer 12 night Norway/Iceland cruise to a spring 7 night Alaska cruise.  In both cases she was successful and my confirmation number remains the same despite wildly different itineraries.   It may not be the actual L&S program she used but at the end of the day she effectively accomplished what I desired - my deposits moved to a different cruise on a different date without having to deal with FCC or waiting for credit card refunds.

It's at times like this I really appreciate having a good travel agent and leveraging her knowledge and inner workings of the system to get stuff done while I sit back and drink a coffee.  L&S or just smart travel agenting really doesn't matter to me as I got want I wanted with just one quick phone call.

I will add my voice to this.  The L&S program has morphed recently and they aren't as strict as they used to be.  We had 1 very easy L&S and one that was quite painful, but in the end, the painful one netted me a Star Class suite so it was worth the suffering.  I'm not sure @michelle would say the same thing (it was far more painful for her than it was for me !!) but it's because of her that I have had 2 great successes.  A great agent makes ALL the difference.