2022 Itinerary announcement schedule?

JLMoran

Is Celebrity on the same release schedule as Royal, or do they announce their itineraries earlier? I kind of remember that I had been waiting for Royal's announcements before deciding to search for Celebrity sailings and finding that Iceland & Greenland cruise I'd booked; when I did find it, it seemed like it had actually been something that was out for a solid month or more before Royal's announcement.

All but certain that I'm still going to just stay with Royal at this point for a 2022 booking, just to get up the loyalty ladder. But if 2022 has the same Iceland & Greenland sailing again, ideally ending in Dublin instead of Southampton like it was supposed to do this year, I'd certainly strongly consider it. But I'd want to book the second it's announced so I can get the best choice of rooms and also (I'm guessing) the best rate they'll offer.

• 4 months later...
21 hours ago, cruisellama said:

Welcome to 2021 and still waiting for the fall '22 Carribean schedule..  sigh...

Honestly, I think I'd rather have them wait to release the schedule and get it right the first time, than get an email saying my sailing was changed/cancelled because they are moving ships around.  We book either for the ship or for a specific port of call, and usually end up cancelling and having to wait for refunds when they do that.  (Still annoyed my B2B Freedom out of San Juan got changed to Explorer LOL.) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2020 at 3:01 PM, JLMoran said:

Is Celebrity on the same release schedule as Royal, or do they announce their itineraries earlier? I kind of remember that I had been waiting for Royal's announcements before deciding to search for Celebrity sailings and finding that Iceland & Greenland cruise I'd booked; when I did find it, it seemed like it had actually been something that was out for a solid month or more before Royal's announcement.

All but certain that I'm still going to just stay with Royal at this point for a 2022 booking, just to get up the loyalty ladder. But if 2022 has the same Iceland & Greenland sailing again, ideally ending in Dublin instead of Southampton like it was supposed to do this year, I'd certainly strongly consider it. But I'd want to book the second it's announced so I can get the best choice of rooms and also (I'm guessing) the best rate they'll offer.

From Iceland today:

Image may contain: text that says 'New Entry Requirements through April 30, 2021 It IS now mandatory as of January 15 for passengers arriving in Iceland to undergo a double COVID-testing procedure. The first COVID test is at the border on arrival and the second by the primary healthcare service 5-6 days later. In between the two tests, passengers must enter and remain in quarantine. Children born in 2005 or later are required to go into quarantine along with their parents or guardians after entering Iceland'

@KathyC, not surprising. Makes me glad I just canceled that trip altogether instead of holding out hope for going this August.

The 2022 Iceland sailing was a no-go with wife and kids. They preferred going to the Mediterranean, so that is what we're doing (on Princess). Maybe wife and I will end up doing this trip some other year.

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, RoyalLaker said:

Celebrity Edge is showing up on a couple port Schedules in 2022 on the West Coast of the U.S. could be just a place holder for another ship.

I imagine (but don't know) that newer ships were built with shore power capability to meet CA requirements as well as similar requirements in parts of Europe.   Older ships will need to be modified at a significant cost to accept shore power.   

On 3/9/2021 at 3:40 AM, twangster said:

I imagine (but don't know) that newer ships were built with shore power capability to meet CA requirements as well as similar requirements in parts of Europe.   Older ships will need to be modified at a significant cost to accept shore power.   

The only new build that I know of (Celebrity press release) Apex , Was built with AMP capability.

17 minutes ago, RoyalLaker said:

The only new build that I know of (Celebrity press release) Apex , Was built with AMP capability.

Carnival brands all sail mostly older ships on the west coast.  Have they been busy retrofitting old ships or are they abdonning the west coast?

If Carnival has been quietly updating their ships I suspect too then that Royal has been. This requirement isn't unique to California and it's been in the works for a while now.   

At a minimum they could have pre-wired for the isolation transformers that will likely be required during prior dry docks and new ship builds even if they didn't install every component required.

36 minutes ago, twangster said:

Carnival brands all sail mostly older ships on the west coast.  Have they been busy retrofitting old ships or are they abdonning the west coast?

If Carnival has been quietly updating their ships I suspect too then that Royal has been. This requirement isn't unique to California and it's been in the works for a while now.   

At a minimum they could have pre-wired for the isolation transformers that will likely be required during prior dry docks and new ship builds even if they didn't install every component required.

I was only referring to Celebrity. If my memory serves me correctly 2011 or 2012 the CARB rule went into affect, So Carnival and its brands retrofitted their older California based ships a long time ago.  Most if not all home ports will have AMP capabilities and the next step after that will be for the port of calls to have it.