Deluxe Drink Package Sale

Just checked my cruise planner for my April 2021 cruise.  The drink Deluxe Drink Package is on sale at 50% off.  We booked last month for $53/day thinking that was a bargain...now it is $44/day!

Not sure if this is a pre-cursor to disaster down the road (meaning cancelled cruise) but for now I feel really good with this price! ?????

25 minutes ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Just checked my cruise planner for my April 2021 cruise.  The drink Deluxe Drink Package is on sale at 50% off.  We booked last month for $53/day thinking that was a bargain...now it is $44/day!

Not sure if this is a pre-cursor to disaster down the road (meaning cancelled cruise) but for now I feel really good with this price! ?????

I found the same thing on some of my Symphony cruises.  It's an awesome price for the drinks package but gone is the Voom/DBP combo !!  I did go ahead and cancel my existing Voom/DBP combo and re-book the drinks only pkg for $44/pp/pd.  If they have done away with the drink+Voom combo I will just have to get Voom onboard with the D+ discount.

Sadly the sale price is already sold out!  I was doing my sister-in-law's and cancelled but when I tried to repurchase on sale got a SOLD OUT!!!  so now am on phone with cruise planner since the new price being offered is more than what she paid.  Just had girl come back on phone and nothing they can do.  So my poor sister-in-law lost her original sale price and couldn't get the new one!!  Ughhhhh

****Not sure what happened but I logged back in for her and the price was still $44 so I purchased and she is all set!  Now the price is $71!!!

The 50% DBP sale was showing on my Symphony sailing today.  The package was listed at $44.  I was unable to complete the purchase online stating it could not be added to my cart.  I called RC and was told only one package was available for the sale price. I would need to purchase the other package for $71.   Tricky!!!  

Sold out???!!!..I have never heard of a drink package being sold out....7 months in advance..:42_confused:...that doesn't make sense....they upped the price which makes much more cents....lol

I would be booking NOTHING at this point..I am not giving any travel companies my $$ to sit on and then wait mths to get it back....

good luck!

31 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

There was some chatter about it this morning that when you go to add it to your cart it doesn’t let you complete the purchase. Not sure if that is true because I didn’t attempt to purchase it. It was $42 for SY 08/21/2021.

I was able to buy it at $44 for both of my Symphony cruises in Feb. 21.  Of course, they will probably be cancelled.  I'm sure that's why they let the purchase go through !

24 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I was able to buy it at $44 for both of my Symphony cruises in Feb. 21.  Of course, they will probably be cancelled.  I'm sure that's why they let the purchase go through !

My Symphony sailing is 1/21.   I was unable to get the sale price so that blows that theory!   Sounds like the intern is back at work!

Interesting...like I said, never heard that before from any cruise company but first time for everything I guess....they wont get me on something like that....that's pretty dirty imho...50% sale, but limited so we dont know how many and imagine if any other business did that or a store....%50 off but you dont know till you get there if you get the deal..and its not cause they ran/sold out....