Needing Input on Freedom of the Seas

Hi All,

I have never sailed on Freedom. I have sailed on Jewel, Vision. Voyager, Serenade, Explorer and Enchantment. I am looking at a Freedom cruise on December 9, 2017 to the Eastern Caribbean. Can anyone that has sailed on her give me their opinion of her. Even if there are things you don't like, I would like to know. What is there to do on the ship, the staterooms, I am looking at a Promenade Interior, it sounds interesting. How was the staff, the food, the restaurants? Just a whole bunch of information.

I appreciate anything you can give me. I have looked at cruisecritic.com reviews and for the most part seem to be good. Just am looking for good advice and information.

Thanks!!

I completed that itinerary this past Sunday and loved it. Below is a link to a blog where I journaled the trip. Scroll to Day 0-1 and work your way up for the chronology.

Cruisin' Bloggin' Vloggin'

https://cruisinblogginvloggin.wordpress.com/

I didn't mention that I'm not a huge fan of the Windjammer, but it's not bad, and if you beat the crowd, it's a bonus just like on other ships.

I really liked the ship, the crew and the itinerary.

Freedom class were basically "super-voyager" designs so they are very close in size/look/feel to the Voyager class ships you have already been on (Voyager/Explorer).

Freedom is definitely the "favorite" of the class though and received another round of upgrades last year.

About the only thing she doesnt have is water slides ;)

Flowrider, Rock Wall, Ice Skating, mini golf, good pools, kids splash area, Dreamworks experience.

I was on my 2nd cruise (first on freedom) in march. My kids and i loved it. I didn't think i would love the promenade as much as i did. The pool deck was always crowded, but if you got up early or went late, there was always a seat. I felt my restaurant service wasnt quite as good as on vision, but the bar service was great, esp. on the pool deck. The windjammer was packed in the am, but we could always find a seat and one morning our dinner waiter helped us. My teen loved the teen club, my almost 20 year old loved the balcony. The ship was clean and well maintained. I was afraid it world be too big, but it felt very manageable to get places. You will love it! If you need any more info, you will find it here in the blog! Jane

I read you're top ten freedom secrets and I want the Ben and Jerry's cabin. The rep I talked to said it is always one of the first to go when booking on Freedom, darn. I don't even know what a Promenade is, basically, I think it is a place with shops and restaurants, but all of the reviews said it was their favorite place. I didn't know there was a parade until I read your secrets, Matt.

Thanks everyone, I am going to book it in a few minutes.

We took Freedom (my first ever cruise) last April - I loved it so much that we went again this past April.

To be honest, it wasn't quite as amazing as last year.  We stayed in a promenade room again, just down from where we were last year.  The porter wasn't nearly as attentive as last year.  It's really petty, but we only got 3 towel animals (kinda quickly put together).  The room itself is okay, but my next cruise will definitely be in an upgraded room.

the crew just didn't seem to be on their A game this year.  Our dining experience was always slow; I know the head server was trying, but it got bad enough that, after a few days, the section chief had to come and apologize for the slow service and promised it would get better.

I also prefer to avoid the Jammer, but we did go there for breakfast a couple of times.  It sure is a lot faster than breakfast in an MDR.

Of course, the weather wasn't our friend to start, and we couldn't go to CocoCay, which was a bit of a bummer.  There were WAY more folks wearing seasick patches this year as opposed to last - it was pretty rolling for the first two days.

I still love Freedom (especially since I don't have any others to compare).  I'm not sure if I'll cruise her again, what with her move south this fall.

One of my favorite places is to go up on the helo deck early as we enter a port.  It's nice and quiet, and very few, if any, passengers are up there early.