When does Royal Caribbean paper work arrive in the mail?

You have to request and pay a nominal fee for paperwork to be mailed or print at home for free. The luggage tags are folded up paper and stapled to handle of luggage. Last year it worked fine for us. It was a lot of paper to print at home though. Create an account on RCL website and look at your reservation, there is a tab for cruise documentation.

Thanks for the replies. We would not have known to print them at home. We would have waited until the day of our cruise for the luggage tags. Thanks!

It is okay if you don't print them ahead of time. The whole thing is a bit confusing if you ask me. There are people without computers who obviously won't know this. If you do not print your boarding documentation ahead of time Royal Caribbean will take care of it for you at the pier, it will just take a little longer. Porters will also have luggage tags for your luggage if you don't have those either.  :D

You'll be onboard Oasis with fellow RoyalCaribbeanBlog member bcarney. Enjoy your trip on one of the world's largest cruise ships!

Yes waiting till you get to the dock for your tags will slow things your boarding up. Last cruise I put shipping tape around the tags to proteck them.

Yes it does slow the boarding process down, however not that much. And if you don't have access to a computer or know how to use one then you have no other choice.  ;)

For the printed luggage tags, I use these luggage tag holders to ensure they do not rip: http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/royal-caribbean-luggage-tags

I bought these luggage tags and they worked great. Also look great too. 

Good thing is even if you do show up to port without tags, but have your cabin number you can ask the porter to give you a tag for the luggage
Did this on the Allure last year without an issue.   Great tag holders Matt will have to get me some of these.

YOU will like the Oasis a lot - so much to do - and lots to see - make sure to go to the Gym, amazing for a cruise ship.

Bon Voyage and the weather should be great for you :)