Torturing myself watching Love at Sea

Jill

I was sitting here asking myself why am I watching, but I am sooooo jonesin' for a cruise.

She is such a beautiful ship.  God willin' and the creek don't rise, we'll be on her in 97 days.  If that falls through, 

then, well, we have 188 days until we sail.  But it will have been 2 years if we get to go in November, so that is my goal!

I thought the same as everyone above..... yay!  a show around a cruise ship,,,,,, hmmm, love the shots from the pool deck... not sure I am following all of this show.... BUT MAN I WANT TO CRUISE!  I did find a way to watch The Love Boat old shows..... kinda of the same reaction to those as well. ?

1 hour ago, AnnetteJackson said:

I did find a way to watch The Love Boat old shows..... kinda of the same reaction to those as well. ?

MeTV every Sunday at 6:00 p.m. Eastern.

I'm a big M*A*S*H fan and The Love Boat is going off when I turn that on at 7:00 if watching on Sunday.

Yup watched it last night for about the 8th time!  Never been on Harmony and do hope to get the chance someday.  I heard The Pena Vega's were crowned the 'Godparents' of the Symphony of the Seas!  Actually I watched a video about it and apparently they cruise quite often!  

Just checked my "days til cruise" and it is at 238!  Hey, COVID....PLEASE GET LOST!!!!   We all want to get onboard our ships and CRUISE AWAY!!!

I caved and watched it! I told my husband about it and he's like, "you're only watching it for the ship aren't you". He's not lying ?. It was cheesy but cute. Today would have been 32 days until we sailed on Oasis out of Jersey! My in-laws planned a family vacation and we were really looking forward to this (as I'm sure most of you were/are). Hoping to cruise on her next year!

On 8/23/2020 at 7:48 PM, Jill said:

I’m afraid I’ll burst into tears when I get to board again. I’ll be the one crying at embarkation next May lol. 

Well @Jill, I believe we will be able to identify each other very quickly since we are sailing the same cruise. I will be the other lady crying at embarkation! I always get glassy eye's upon first laying eyes on my ship, I look over at my family and think about how beautifully blessed we are, 29 May 2021 can't come soon enough!

I watched the movie earlier in the pandemic, while I am sure a lovely couple ( the Pena's) the story itself was painful, but the ship....I found myself rewinding scenes just for another look. She is a BEAUTY. 

On 8/24/2020 at 7:13 AM, HeWhoWaits said:

Watched it once. Two hours I'll never get back.

Much better use of time is to watch various YouTube videos of people's time onboard various ships.

In fairness, you can say this about the majority of Hallmark movies. It's best to watch it:

- as a drinking game

- in MST3K style

- both

Ahem. Anyways, the thread title works whether you're talking about the ship or the movie. And if you really need to watch some cruising, watch Mighty Cruise Ships.

8 minutes ago, KWong said:

Didn't realize they did Geoblocking.

They might have it on Smithsonian Channel in the US.

YouTube has a playlist for the general "Mighty Ships" series. Can scroll through it to find just the cruise ship entries. Link pasted below and made sure it didn't auto-resolve to the first video in the list, as that's the Tønsberg cargo ship.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3HQCMVMF328U8qAq49AMH8dBPl-YbBcm