Stupid Chair Hogs

On 8/25/2020 at 1:00 PM, jaredhamburg said:

That happened to me on the Disney Wonder where some people tried to push through my 8 YO daughter.  I had to get grouchy and say we were part of a group as I was getting on to have them let her on as well.  I would never dream of shoving a kid out of the way to get on.  Especially as she was walking right behind me.  Ugh.  I had a stroller and needed to ride it.  I don't ever get perfectly healthy people trying to shove ahead of strollers and scooters at all costs.   Hello?  You just had a huge meal in the dining room and do not look like you have any mobility issues.  A few stairs would probably do you some good to work it off and think about properly queuing. 

Our next cruise will not really need strollers, so taking the stairs will make things much easier.....

Rant over.  Maybe.....

I  do not present as handicapped but I have a bad back.  At times I can walk stairs, distances and stand on a line with no issues.  Other times I am in great pain within minutes of standing on a line or doing stairs.  No rhyme or reason.  I'm sure a lot of people view me as capable of walking stairs-or even standing still on a line.  However, I would never cut people off at an elevator.  I really wish RC would have a "take a number" on their Guest services line because I have spent numerous cruises standing on that line -sometimes multiple times on one sailing-and I pay for it with a super achy back where it hurts to stand, walk and at times even sit.  Even waiting to enter venues to get a seat is painful.  Please don't judge those apparently healthy people.

Its funny how you can have 5000 people on a ship and 20 will always find something to complain about.. 

Case in point..  September 15, 2019 on Harmony.. We were on the second part of a B2B..   We had the time of our lives.. another couple not too much.. His review is up on that other site.. 

There were about 40 of us from our FB Group that had a blast.. and this guy thought he was entitled to the world. Ughh.. He actually complained because it rained at Coco Kay.. I'm just like WTH?? you're in a pool or on a beach surrounded by water and you're complaining about rain?? ughh 

I just went on an old fashioned land vacation at an All Inclusive and the greediness at the buffet DOES still exist even when the servers are hand serving each guest. I stood behind a woman for what felt like eternity as she had the server select/unselect different items until her plate was as high as 3 meals worth of food. 

With the resorts at 30% capacity, chair hogs are a thing of the past, though! All my pictures make it look like the place was empty. Can I hope to get on a cruise early on at 30% capacity? It was heavenly! 

IMG_0670.thumb.jpeg.9790b378a184e0ab2171990749b0ee33.jpeg

2 hours ago, DDaley said:

I just went on an old fashioned land vacation at an All Inclusive

And just to sync that up with cruising discussion -- how was the total cost in comparison to a cruise of the same length to the same area? Let's use an Oasis class as the baseline since it'll have the most bells & whistles / be the closest to an all-inclusive if it only stopped at Coco Cay / Labadee.

1 hour ago, JLMoran said:

And just to sync that up with cruising discussion -- how was the total cost in comparison to a cruise of the same length to the same area? Let's use an Oasis class as the baseline since it'll have the most bells & whistles / be the closest to an all-inclusive if it only stopped at Coco Cay / Labadee.

I actually have two bookings to compare! 

This was 6 nights in Cancún. My comparable OA class reference point is a 4-night to Cozumel in a OVB which was about $1.5k cheaper than the resort. 
I also have 6 nights in Jamaica booked because my booking from this year needed to be moved out a year. A 7-night OA class to Coco Cay in an OVB is about $1.8k cheaper than that resort, too! 

So affordable, cruising is always the best choice!