Stupid Chair Hogs

35 minutes ago, HeWhoWaits said:

Pushing in front of you at the Windjammer buffet.

And then leaving their (mostly) empty Windjammer takeout plates in the elevator, from which I'm almost positive they impeded egress by pushing on the instant the door opened (as was noted earlier by @FManke )

Sit 6 seats apart in the center of the theater "reserving" them for friends and family who never show up or do AFTER the show has started and have to chat and catch up during the show.

Play through your putt-putt game while your ball is still on the green, no "excuse me" or anything. And then complain about it within earshot. And no I am not a slow player, they seem to be trying to set a speed record.

14 minutes ago, CrznTxn said:

Sit 6 seats apart in the center of the theater "reserving" them for friends and family who never show up or do AFTER the show has started and have to chat and catch up during the show.

Just like the C and E'rs at church!

14 minutes ago, CrznTxn said:

Play through your putt-putt game while your ball is still on the green, no "excuse me" or anything. And then complain about it within earshot. And no I am not a slow player, they seem to be trying to set a speed record.

C'mon. Really? It's putt-putt!

44 minutes ago, ehw51 said:

the elevator rush thing is a classic, especially when it is a person on a scooter. 

That happened to me on the Disney Wonder where some people tried to push through my 8 YO daughter.  I had to get grouchy and say we were part of a group as I was getting on to have them let her on as well.  I would never dream of shoving a kid out of the way to get on.  Especially as she was walking right behind me.  Ugh.  I had a stroller and needed to ride it.  I don't ever get perfectly healthy people trying to shove ahead of strollers and scooters at all costs.   Hello?  You just had a huge meal in the dining room and do not look like you have any mobility issues.  A few stairs would probably do you some good to work it off and think about properly queuing. 

Our next cruise will not really need strollers, so taking the stairs will make things much easier.....

Rant over.  Maybe.....

41 minutes ago, CrznTxn said:

26 minutes ago, FManke said:

C'mon. Really? It's putt-putt!

My thoughts exactly! What's the rush? Sip your drink and wait.

45 minutes ago, CrznTxn said:

The whole seat crap is a major selling point of the Key as we need Internet.....

Letting your child put a big pile of bacon on his plate in the Windjammer, not leaving any of the rest of us. I mean, there is always more coming, just wow, he put like an entire package worth and he was a little kid (8?). At that age my parents would have killed me if I took more than 3 slices (only because it's vacation could I eat that many LOL).

4 minutes ago, sk8erguy1978 said:

Letting your child put a big pile of bacon on his plate in the Windjammer, not leaving any of the rest of us. I mean, there is always more coming, just wow, he put like an entire package worth and he was a little kid (8?). At that age my parents would have killed me if I took more than 3 slices (only because it's vacation could I eat that many LOL).

I'm sure the parents thought, it's all included right? And you know he couldn't and shouldn't have eaten it all! I blame it on the mentality that some people have, "if it's free, then it's for me and give me three!" I really can't stand that attitude. And don't get me started on the people in line for free samples at Costco! (pre-Covid of course.)

38 minutes ago, FManke said:

I'm sure the parents thought, it's all included right? And you know he couldn't and shouldn't have eaten it all! I blame it on the mentality that some people have, "if it's free, then it's for me and give me three!" I really can't stand that attitude. And don't get me started on the people in line for free samples at Costco! (pre-Covid of course.)

Yep, that's my thing more than anything - letting him eat it all - or take it all - just because. OH well, probably did my fat butt a favor :). 

We had dinner in the Solarium last Dec, a couple came in and ordered 4 entrees, one was a special order.  Nice looking young couple. The meals came, and they complained about each of them. Then they went to get desert, didn´t like any of them either. We talked to the waiter when they left, one bite out of each of the dinners and the deserts just left the rest. Classless

57 minutes ago, ehw51 said:

We had dinner in the Solarium last Dec, a couple came in and ordered 4 entrees, one was a special order.  Nice looking young couple. The meals came, and they complained about each of them. Then they went to get desert, didn´t like any of them either. We talked to the waiter when they left, one bite out of each of the dinners and the deserts just left the rest. Classless

Maybe they would have been better off if there was a Taco Bell on board? Not everybody can appreciate good food.

1 hour ago, ehw51 said:

A few years ago I sailed on Grandeur with my mother. The maitre'd came around to each table on the first night asking how everything was. The couple next to us said it wasn't good. The maitre'd asked what was wrong and how can they make things better, etc. They just shrugged and said it wasn't good food. My mother chimed in and said, "Well I thought everything was absolutely delicious!"

That couple never returned to the dining room for the rest of the cruise, which was nice because we didn't want to be around negativity.

3 hours ago, ehw51 said:

Entrees in the solarium??  You can get entrees?  Thought it was just sandwiches, pastries fruit, that kind of thing.  Anyone have a menu?

1 hour ago, FManke said:

I somewhat agree, but they didn't like one of the four they ordered?

Honestly, yeah, our last majesty cruise (Cuba canceled) had some food where we pretty much just moved it around the plate. Went to the late night Windjammer spot that had that awesome corned beef.  So that was about 3 apps missed, and 2 entrees. 

16 hours ago, CruisinForABruisin said:

There's always a chance the food wasn't great. The free dining on RCL can be super hit or miss.

My wife and I aren't "foodies" or too picky of eaters and find most things tasty, not just on RCL but locally too. However, I've had my "foodie" friends say something is delish and the next day say something else is not delish. There are also some "foodie" friends who find it "just okay" and never heard anything better or worse.

12 hours ago, JasonL said:

I'm even becoming more open to the idea of wearing masks in certain venues. craziness

12 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I’m getting more used to it, too.

Same. I was very "not wearing a mask on-board" and still am to a point, but have realized, even for my next cruise (not until September 2021) it's a big possibility. It's just a way of life now, pull into parking spot, turn off car, grab phone from holder, grab mask from center console, open door, exit, put mask, walk to store.

8 minutes ago, CruisinForABruisin said:

"Alexa, why won't we be cruising until 2022?"

Not due to anything Jolly Ogre does......There are many other reasons why like fear mongering and bad data that is much larger contributing factors to the widespread fear and regulatory situation we are in.  His point is valid when he says that he does not want to go on a vacation with a mask on.  It would suck the fun out of my vacation as well.  He never said he would be going on on without it, just that he would forgo.  Thus, he could not be causing any problems to extend into 2022....unless it is from lack of vacation spending from him and like-minded souls.

37 minutes ago, jaredhamburg said:

Not due to anything Jolly Ogre does......There are many other reasons why like fear mongering and bad data that is much larger contributing factors to the widespread fear and regulatory situation we are in.  His point is valid when he says that he does not want to go on a vacation with a mask on.  It would suck the fun out of my vacation as well.  He never said he would be going on on without it, just that he would forgo.  Thus, he could not be causing any problems to extend into 2022....unless it is from lack of vacation spending from him and like-minded souls.

Everyone's on board, or no one goes on board. That's what it's gonna take.

30 minutes ago, CruisinForABruisin said:

Everyone's on board, or no one goes on board. That's what it's gonna take.

But he never said he would board and not follow a mask mandate.  He said he would not take a cruise if a mask was required.  How would this slow down the re-emergence of cruising other than having one less cruise passenger (for now or ever)?

Ok for those wondering...I am in healthcare... i will not board if i have to wear a mask. 

I do and will wear a mask every day until it is plausibly safe to not to do so. Even before this pandemic there were times when I donned a  mask when necessary for the safety of myself and or my patients.

There are other nasty bugs out there that will get you in worse ways than Covid-19.

Be safe but be aware.