Refund after voluntary cancellation

The last two refunds have been in the 10 business day range, usually over a weekend even though the refund date is dated sometime that previous week. Not sure if it is our CC company but they have not posted the refunds until late Sunday/early Monday.

5 hours ago, Victoria Nadeau said:

Hey guys, I'm a bit confused. I just cancelled my cruise for January 2021 due to concerns about the virus and the rep said refunds take 7-10 days but up to 30-45 days. That's a huge range so I was just wondering how long recent refunds have taken for other people who voluntarily cancelled.

If you canceled for January how are you getting a refund? is it just the deposit you are getting refunded? Because if you paid in full and they have not canceled January yet you won't get a refund only a FCC

8 minutes ago, AGSLC5 said:

If you canceled for January how are you getting a refund? is it just the deposit you are getting refunded? Because if you paid in full and they have not canceled January yet you won't get a refund only a FCC

Could be a refundable deposit

2 hours ago, AGSLC5 said:

I paid in full and my deposit is not refundable but the rest of my total is. So I'm losing $500

1 hour ago, Victoria Nadeau said:

I paid in full and my deposit is not refundable but the rest of my total is. So I'm losing $500

But the rest of your total isn't refundable until the cruise line actually cancels the cruise. I feel like your phone rep gave you bad info. I mean I hope you do get your refund but it doesn't make sense.. Royal is only offering FCC or lift and shift for the cruises they have not yet canceled.. 

29 minutes ago, AGSLC5 said:

But the rest of your total isn't refundable until the cruise line actually cancels the cruise. I feel like your phone rep gave you bad info. I mean I hope you do get your refund but it doesn't make sense.. Royal is only offering FCC or lift and shift for the cruises they have not yet canceled.. 

Sorry, but your assessment is wrong; one can cancel prior to final payment and receive a refund (always been this way), the deposit amount may or may not be refundable depending on the fare booked. (These are North America booking rules)

42 minutes ago, TXcruzer said:

Sorry, but your assessment is wrong; one can cancel prior to final payment and receive a refund (always been this way), the deposit amount may or may not be refundable depending on the fare booked. (These are North America booking rules)

Yes your right I stand corrected.. I had thought final payment for Thanksgiving already happened but it seems its actually on August 25.. 

As a followup on an old thread, we finally received the final refund for our cancelled cruises. The payment from our final non refunded cruise in June went through today and we are finally paid back. This is not a negative post as we had several great conversations with the Royal operators who were able to walk through all of our cancelled cruises this year and find where the delays were. They were always very friendly and it helps to be nice to them upfront and have all the data organized and ready. I am an organization nut and have all the payment and refund data for all our cruises in spreadsheets so we can access it anytime. We now look forward to our next cruises later this year and next and are optimistic that we will be able to return to the sea breezes, sandy beaches great folks we meet on our favorite form of transportation. ?️

1 hour ago, CrznTxn said:

As a followup on an old thread, we finally received the final refund for our cancelled cruises. The payment from our final non refunded cruise in June went through today and we are finally paid back. This is not a negative post as we had several great conversations with the Royal operators who were able to walk through all of our cancelled cruises this year and find where the delays were. They were always very friendly and it helps to be nice to them upfront and have all the data organized and ready. I am an organization nut and have all the payment and refund data for all our cruises in spreadsheets so we can access it anytime. We now look forward to our next cruises later this year and next and are optimistic that we will be able to return to the sea breezes, sandy beaches great folks we meet on our favorite form of transportation. ?️

This^^^

All good here also! We have received all refunds from cancelled sailings as well as cruise planner....those we were waiting for since April. Want to spread positive because I did complain when I was still out those monies. I feel better about this now, doesn't excuse the crazy amount of time but unprecedented so, I'm whole all is well. NOW LET US SAIL PLEASE??

15 hours ago, Dicey said:

In the same situation as op and thinking about calling RCL but not sure what I can say to expedite refund.  Any thoughts?

I have had several cancellations. I give them 30 days to refund, then I contact American Express and file a dispute on the charges. I always have a credit to my account working 36 hours or so after that dispute is filed. 

17 minutes ago, TXcruzer said:

I have had several cancellations. I give them 30 days to refund, then I contact American Express and file a dispute on the charges. I always have a credit to my account working 36 hours or so after that dispute is filed. 

Geez...I never thought of that option...to call AMEX!!  That is the only card I use when travelling so thanks for reminding me that I can file a dispute with AMEX and Royal will need to respond!   BUT, I certainly hope I do not need to do this for my planned April 2021 cruise but feeling better knowing I have a new plan!!!  LOL

22 hours ago, Dicey said:

In the same situation as op and thinking about calling RCL but not sure what I can say to expedite refund.  Any thoughts?

@Victoria Nadeau Yes, ask for them to expedite to accounting. I also reached out on Twitter. Make sure to ask who you are speaking to by name, be kind and personalize the communication. My refunds definitely were refunded backwards, I just received my April cruise planner yet received my latest cancelled Odyssey pretty quickly. They pick up quickly after hours also, you are on hold though when they go get the supervisor to assist. Good Luck! FYI my quickest refund was at about 45 business days the slowest was 120 days. That was tough....

Still waiting for significant refunds for cruises they cancelled back in March.  Today they said they were going to expedite.  Not going to hold my breath. 

We also have many thousands in FCC from other cruises that will surely expire before safe to travel.

It has been a costly time for all.  People, time, and money lost.  Of course, IF we had only known back in February where this was going.  Perhaps a few more of those people would still be with us.

Stay well!