Adventure of the Seas Updated Update

Matt, I just thought I'd give an update about what I saw on the Adventure of the Seas webpage this morning-

I was looking this morning at pricing on our cruise in February on Adventure of the Seas and noticed some changes to RCI's site. First off, if you go to the AOS page, it now lists things as "coming soon", like the FlowRider, the water slides, Boleros Latin Lounge, etc. When I started digging deeper, in going to the deck plans, I noticed that they have started to spell out specifically where the changes will be taking place. Here they are:

-Flow Rider- Aft deck 13 (all the way back)
-Water Slides- Aft deck 13 (one side of the Flow Rider)
-Splashaway Bay- Aft deck 13 (other side of the Flow Rider)
-10 new inside cabins- deck 3 next to the Photo Gallery (that's how I read it anyway)
-19 new cabins- deck 3 where Jesters used to be
-Chops Grill- deck 4 where Jesters used to be
-Boleros Latin Lounge- deck 4 where the Aquarium Bar used to be
-Aquarium bar- deck 4 across the Centrum from where it used to be
-Card Room/Library- deck 5 where the Connoisseur Lounge used to be
-Izumi- deck 5 middle of the Royal Promenade
-38 more cabins- deck 12 in front and around the sides of the Vitality Spa
-Suite Lounge- deck 14 where Seven Heart Card room and Cloud Nine used to be

The pool deck looks like it remains untouched (thank goodness!). I hope that helps. Please add to this if you notice anything missing. Thanks and I look forward to seeing her all revamped!

Thanks Matt.  I'm glad they're revamping all of the rooms.  It will be nice to have a freshly refurbed room.  Any idea, based upon the above and the deck plans, where the Adventure Dunes will be put?  Also, did the Izumi take the place of the Sports Bar and Vintages?  I'd be really bummed if the Sport's Bar is no longer there, as I was looking to catch some games there while I was on my cruise in Februrary.

Also, did the Izumi take the place of the Sports Bar and Vintages?  I'd be really bummed if the Sport's Bar is no longer there, as I was looking to catch some games there while I was on my cruise in Februrary.

Yes, it appears Izumi is slotted for the Sports Bar location.  Izumi on the Promenade is a fist for any RC ship.

And it appears the Dunes are going to be still on deck 13

ad_deck13_v2016_apr.gif

I assumed it was because Puerto Ricans don't like being associated with Mexican food...that is if Adventure continues to port out of San Juan.

Well I don't know about that, I just assumed it was a financial decision on RC's part - if I were to pull something out of my backside, I'd say that Izumi brings in more profit per square foot vs Sabor.  All they really need is a refrigerator for the fish, a pot to boil the rice in, and a small table to assemble it.  Sabor requires a whole kitchen for the menu.

(how's that for an oversimplification!)