Deluxe Beverage Package on Radiance.

Eaglelover

10 hours ago, Eaglelover said:

Over the last several days the DBP on Radiance (Alaska May 2021) has become $43 per day.  Is this happening all over the fleet?  I, of course, hopped right on that deal.

Nope, it's still over $70 per day on my sailings.  Good to grab that - it's rare!

2 minutes ago, jaredhamburg said:

Sounds like an awesome price.  I keep hoping it goes down for my 9 night on Explorer of the Seas ($57/day).  Not a bad deal, but there are three non-private island port days, and I worry about drink fatigue....I would jump on it though if it was that cheap for my sailing!

Black Friday sales have been good in the past to get great deals on Cruise Planner items, but who knows what this year will bring.

17 minutes ago, FManke said:

Black Friday sales have been good in the past to get great deals on Cruise Planner items, but who knows what this year will bring.

My sailing is not until October 2021, so I will see what Labor Day, Black Friday, and (insert made-up holiday here) sales bring.  We have two rooms and two people who drink, so we can bring up to 4 bottles of wine if it stays too expensive (based on my estimation of value).

No matter what, I am having a Grey Goose screwdriver during the much delayed sail away!  I think once cruising starts up again, there will be so many happy, happy people!

On 8/19/2020 at 8:00 PM, Eaglelover said:

Over the last several days the DBP on Radiance (Alaska May 2021) has become $43 per day.  Is this happening all over the fleet?  I, of course, hopped right on that deal.

My 5/9/21 (hope) Oasis DBP dropped from $61 to $46 per day, which is the best I've seen in a long while.  I cancelled and re-purchased and today it's back to $61.  Strike while the iron's hot ?

My March 21 rhapsody sailing has had the DBP go from $61 to $46 every three weeks almost like clockwork.  $61 off sale, couple weeks later $46 on sale.  This has been going on for several months.  I am in no hurry to give RCCL more of my money until I have more concrete information that we will actually sail.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2020 at 7:01 PM, Baked Alaska said:

When we sailed on Radiance last summer (Alaska) the DBP I believe was around $43/pp/pd. That was a great price, however, you may not drink as much (alcohol anyway) as you would on a non-Alaskan sailing (if that is what you're doing). Alaska is very port intensive. Just some thoughts.

Agreed, (we're doing the 9 night Vancouver - return) but even though we don't drink a lot, a  glass of wine with a meal, select coffee and juice and water and I'm happy to not pay the full $!  I"m even going to try some of those craft breweries... not save it up for the ship!?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I saw a new high for the Deluxe Beverage Package today.  It is $84 pp/pd on an 8 day sailing on Allure in January.  I have always thought the DBP was a good value, even at $52 or so, but I cannot imagine getting my money's worth at $84.  I like the freedom to be able to grab a fun drink anywhere on board and I do drink a lot of bottled water, but I cannot figure out a way to break even (or even come close) at $84 per day.  We are in a GS, so I will get extra exercise popping up to the 17th floor unless the price comes down.  

55 minutes ago, PaulRC said:

It would really be hard to get your monies worth at that price.

Unless they are going to significantly raise single drink prices.  I have been my cost analysis on $12 drinks because that is the amount the packages covers and is the basic drink price.  If single drink prices go to $15, then a higher price package might make more sense.