I did something crazy....booked a back 2 back on Navigator

DanielB

Was looking for something to do for my birthday (April) and well I booked a 4 night and 3 night on the Navigator.  Have only sailed on Oasis Class ships (and all of Disney's ships) so hoping this wasn't a mistake.  Unlimited Dining Plan is a few bucks cheaper I guess since there are not all the options, but for $25/day we may just do on one cruise and not the other.  Also noticed there is not a Sorrento's on Navigator, is there pizza anywhere else?  I honestly thought that Sorrentos was on all the ships....oh I have so much to learn.  LOL

With the Unlimited dining plan looks like we get $20 for Playmakers, is that just once a day or can we eat there for lunch and dinner?  Honestly my husband would enjoy Hooked and Jaime's and I would go and sit with him but I don't eat seafood or pasta so hoping I could just slide in for a burger.

Please share tips and suggestions.  

12 minutes ago, DanielB said:

Was looking for something to do for my birthday (April) and well I booked a 4 night and 3 night on the Navigator.  Have only sailed on Oasis Class ships (and all of Disney's ships) so hoping this wasn't a mistake.  Unlimited Dining Plan is a few bucks cheaper I guess since there are not all the options, but for $25/day we may just do on one cruise and not the other.  Also noticed there is not a Sorrento's on Navigator, is there pizza anywhere else?  I honestly thought that Sorrentos was on all the ships....oh I have so much to learn.  LOL

With the Unlimited dining plan looks like we get $20 for Playmakers, is that just once a day or can we eat there for lunch and dinner?  Honestly my husband would enjoy Hooked and Jaime's and I would go and sit with him but I don't eat seafood or pasta so hoping I could just slide in for a burger.

Please share tips and suggestions.  

We have a B2B on NAV booked in Nov, but of course, it is almost certainly going to be cancelled.  We have done B2B on NAV before.  It's an awesome ship since the Amp.  Since we have to fly, there is no way I would consider flying to FL for a 3 or 4 night cruise, but 7 is acceptable, if not ideal.  Personally, I think it's a very smart move.  The only problem with the shorties on NAV is that the drinks packages are waaaytooo high and itins are very limited but if you're just out to get on a ship for a few days, and don't really care where you're going, I think it's a great option.

As for the UDP, I think it is some of the best money spent on dining on any ship.  There are lots of eating options and the last time we were on NAV, they actually had Izumi open while in the Bahamas, so we were able to get some lunches in addition to the dinners.  I certainly wouldn't count on that happening now, but it did the last time we were on her. We love, love, love Hooked so we ate there a lot.

I think you made a very smart move !!

8 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

We have a B2B on NAV booked in Nov, but of course, it is almost certainly going to be cancelled.  We have done B2B on NAV before.  It's an awesome ship since the Amp.  Since we have to fly, there is no way I would consider flying to FL for a 3 or 4 night cruise, but 7 is acceptable, if not ideal.  Personally, I think it's a very smart move.  The only problem with the shorties on NAV is that the drinks packages are waaaytooo high and itins are very limited but if you're just out to get on a ship for a few days, and don't really care where you're going, I think it's a great option.

As for the UDP, I think it is some of the best money spent on dining on any ship.  There are lots of eating options and the last time we were on NAV, they actually had Izumi open while in the Bahamas, so we were able to get some lunches in addition to the dinners.  I certainly wouldn't count on that happening now, but it did the last time we were on her. We love, love, love Hooked so we ate there a lot.

I think you made a very smart move !!

Yay, hearing this from a pro like yourself has me even more excited!  The 3 and 4 day itineraries are only attractive to me for the 2 days at Perfect Day.  We will treat Nassau as a day at sea and enjoy the ship while most are off exploring.  

I did purchase the UDP for the 4 day and should just do the same for the 3 day so we are not regretting that.  Hubby wants to try Izumi, or he did on Oasis so he will be in a food coma.  Drink package is a moot issue, I only drink bud light and I would not remember the cruise if I drank that many in one day.  Starbucks is another story all together, love those cold brews!  

How does the b2b procedures work on Royal?  We are in the same cabin both cruises so hope it is painless, Disney makes you wait a few hours onshore before reboarding.

4 minutes ago, DanielB said:

How does the b2b procedures work on Royal?  We are in the same cabin both cruises so hope it is painless, Disney makes you wait a few hours onshore before reboarding

Pre-Covid, they make you go through customs and then back onboard the ship.  In my experience, it took 20 mins.  Not sure how it will work once the cruise lines are allowed to sail again.  I assume it will be much longer turnaround since they will be doing more sanitizing in the staterooms.  

2 minutes ago, Rose City Cruiser said:

Pre-Covid, they make you go through customs and then back onboard the ship.  In my experience, it took 20 mins.  Not sure how it will work once the cruise lines are allowed to sail again.  I assume it will be much longer turnaround since they will be doing more sanitizing in the staterooms.  

Good points.....thanks for the reply.

3 minutes ago, DanielB said:

I did purchase the UDP for the 4 day and should just do the same for the 3 day so we are not regretting that.

I would definitely consider purchasing the 3 day UDP as well.  That way, you will get lunch on both embarkation days (unless they change the rules on us before they start cruising again).  Right now the UDP is a pretty good price.  I paid $76 PP for the 3 night and $99 PP for the 4 night, which is really quite reasonable considering all of the dining options on NAV. 

9 minutes ago, DanielB said:

How does the b2b procedures work on Royal?  We are in the same cabin both cruises so hope it is painless, Disney makes you wait a few hours onshore before reboarding.

B2B is so easy if you have the same room.  You don't have to pack a thing...They will tell you where to meet to get off the ship and then you will be back on the ship very quickly (usually within the hour).  Since they don't have to vacate your room, you can go right back to your room once you reboard if you want.  Of course, this is all pre-plague and I have no idea how B2B will work once they start cruising again.  I have even heard whispers in the shadows that they may not allow B2B at all....at first.  ...but I'm not going to let that worry me at this point...

4 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I would definitely consider purchasing the 3 day UDP as well.  That way, you will get lunch on both embarkation days (unless they change the rules on us before they start cruising again).  Right now the UDP is a pretty good price.  I paid $76 PP for the 3 night and $99 PP for the 4 night, which is really quite reasonable considering all of the dining options on NAV. 

Same price for my cruises and they are both bought!  Figured I could always cancel but I have that price locked in. 

Thanks so much for sharing your passed experience and expertise.  ?

14 minutes ago, PRebecca said:

I'm excited for you DanielB! I almost got my first B2B on Mariner and am determined to make it happen next year ? Enjoy!

Thanks!  Honestly I was sold on only doing Oasis Class ships but really looking forward to this....ok so at this point a dingy floating around sounds amazing, ready for a return to cruising and hope it happens sold like everyone else.

2 hours ago, DanielB said:

Thanks!  Honestly I was sold on only doing Oasis Class ships but really looking forward to this....ok so at this point a dingy floating around sounds amazing, ready for a return to cruising and hope it happens sold like everyone else.

Navigator is a great ship, and I’m not one who’s a fan of the Promenade (except during the 70s and 80s parties).   

Currently, the Unlimited Dining Package is $76 per person on the 3 night itin (that works out to be just slightly more than $25 per day) and $99 per person on the 4 night, which makes it slightly LESS than $25 per day....so basically, $25 per day.  When you consider that it includes lunch on both boarding days, in addition to dinner plus lunch on any day that they are open (hit or miss ) then it is a pretty good deal.