RCL Don't even think about cancelling r Thanksgiving

We don't consider celebrating Thanksgiving with anyone as obligatory. If we don't want to go to the relatives homes, we don't (which we've opted for each year over the last 4 or 5 years). We never host because our home is not child friendly. Usually we just try to arrange our schedules so that we just work that day.  

1 hour ago, silentfaith said:

GOT IT, GET IT, GOOD! Don't want the hassle of shopping and getting ready for a at home Thanksgiving day,,,,,,likely safer on a ship than family and friends coming over. 

I have a Thanksgiving cruise booked for Symphony but I have a Strong Feeling it will be canceled. Holland America and Princess already canceled their cruises through December 15 so its not looking too good. 

My transatlantic, which WAS leaving on Thanksgiving day, was cancelled.  We were able to lift and shift to next year, Oct 31 on the Harmony transatlantic.  It will be our first time on a big ship!  We are really looking forward to it!  However, if by chance everything opens up for winter 2021, we will be on a ship!  Any ship!  Any itinerary!

13 minutes ago, Katy H said:

My transatlantic, which WAS leaving on Thanksgiving day, was cancelled.  We were able to lift and shift to next year, Oct 31 on the Harmony transatlantic.  It will be our first time on a big ship!  We are really looking forward to it!  However, if by chance everything opens up for winter 2021, we will be on a ship!  Any ship!  Any itinerary!

We have just booked Harmony for the 31 October 2021 transatlantic cruise as well. Previously we have done similar cruises on Harmony 2016 and Symphony 2018. Loved both of them. ???

54 minutes ago, crisgold52 said:

You I agree that it's a 5% chance anything Thanksgiving will proceed. I think even my FEB 2021 is in doubt 

I hate to admit this but I recently booked a Jan 2021 cruise just so I could lift and shift it to Jan 2022 ... It was a big savings compared to booking the Jan 2022 directly.  I'm not that sure the Jan 2022 cruise will even happen but at least I will have a place to park a FCC if my April 2021 doesn't happen.

I think I'm going crazy!!

2 hours ago, crisgold52 said:

You and I agree that it's a 5% chance anything Thanksgiving will proceed. I think even my FEB 2021 is in doubt 

O ye, of little faith'? ....... I'm still optimistic we'll get this thing under control. Over the last week, all the metrics involving COVID are downward trending, some of them steeply. FL is looking good - keep it up. There's also a good deal of testing technology coming down the road that could help stop community spread and make the US look more like South Korea. There's at least 3 vaccines one of which will likely see initial distribution by December 2020. I posted this in a little used Celebrity & Azamar thread in response to similar concerns about the resumption of cruising:

I think this thinking about rapid, point of care (POC) testing and canning the current CDC's/FDA's testing strategy that has failed, and how rapid POC testing can be used to obtain containment is important. I'm writing my state legislators about it.  recommend readers/posters here do the same. Spread the word.

22 hours ago, Cmaccullen said:

If they are not sailing in July of 2021, there will be no more cruising industry. IMO

If you had blindly asked me, I'd have agreed.  But - firstly, I believe there were many reports saying they could make it to Q3 of 2021 with NO revenue, and they will be getting at least a tiny bit of revenue with deposits and the small amount of cruising that will likely happen in Asia and Europe before then.  Secondly, if they declare bankruptcy, someone will swoop in and take over operations.  It's not like this is a dead industry that nobody will ever want to patronize again.  If there's money to be made, however distant it will be, someone will make the investments to try and make that money.