We received a phone call early this morning stating that our son was extremely sick and was going to require medical attention. We were told we would get a call back today but have heard nothing to go on. Does anyone know of a young man that was transported by Ambulance when you arrived in port today. He is a serious diabetic 

It would help to know what port and ship he was to board. Royal has crisis management teams that handle these types of issues. If you post a little more information then the members here  will be able  supply information. Royal will be able to tell you if he is on the ship or did not get on the ship.  

You can contact his ship using the information below:

Onboard Extras
s.gif
cor_print_icon.gifPrint This Page
s.gif

Q:  Can I contact people back home from the ship? s.gif A: 

Your friends and family can contact the ship by calling (888) 724-7447. Or from outside the U.S. they can call (321) 953-9003. The cost is $7.95 USD a minute and can be charged to their MasterCard® or Visa®. From outside the U.S. additional long distance charges will also apply.

You can also call the main US Royal number 24 hours a day.... But if after hours you will need to press the replies like you are booking a new cruise to get through to a live representative who can provide information.  If you press any other reply after hours you will go to a message center.

1-866-562-7625

Hope this helps a little and that things work out.

This really scared me when I read this. Matt, has anyone heard back from these people? The reason I am asking is the #2 biggest scam is called the "grandparents scam" a telephone call saying that your child or grandchild has been in an accident or hurt somewhere, they can't get to the telephone to call because they are in serious condition and this person is calling to tell you that money needs to be sent to take care of their child. They say they will call back and hang up and when and if they call back, they usually ask for over a thousand dollars. I am really worried that this was a scam call. Somehow they found out he was on a cruise and are trying to get money from the parents.

Candie

This really scared me when I read this. Matt, has anyone heard back from these people? The reason I am asking is the #2 biggest scam is called the "grandparents scam" a telephone call saying that your child or grandchild has been in an accident or hurt somewhere, they can't get to the telephone to call because they are in serious condition and this person is calling to tell you that money needs to be sent to take care of their child. They say they will call back and hang up and when and if they call back, they usually ask for over a thousand dollars. I am really worried that this was a scam call. Somehow they found out he was on a cruise and are trying to get money from the parents.

Candie

This was my initial thought, too; however, there was no request for anything other than information.  In addition, you replied thanking those who had replied for their help, so I don't think this is a scam.  Odds are that he searched the internet for Royal and saw this site and hoped he could find some information, perhaps from someone who was onboard.

DocLC, Firegal2539

Yes I too though that when first  reading... but it could just be as Doc said, family upset and needing help. Nothing wrong with giving the contact information so they can contact Royal. In order for this to be a scam the OP or someone would need to ask for something of $$$ value. The only thing they wanted was information, and while information about this maybe priceless to them, it costs us nothing.

But it does bring up a interest point, if you google Royal, Cruises, etc. this site is always very near the top. Congratulations Matt on getting such good real placement.

O thank everyone who has replied to this message.WE have called every cruise that we have that was suppose to be traveling the islands . All but Royal have check there list and they are the only one that will not give out any information. We have the ambassadors checking in on this now with cruise lines. We have heard nothing back on the initial phone call we received. We had thought at first that it may be a scam and someone wanting money also but nothing like that has taken place, We simply are not the kind that has money at all. This was a free cruise he went on with friends. Anyone knowing anything please contact me @ 8032881037 . 

His name is Ocasr Mathew Momberger AKA Matt he is from Lancaster, Sc