Anthem of the Seas

46 minutes ago, ehw51 said:

Anthem is done with her dry dock and is heading to Southhampton. At least it is heading to where it is supposed to be but I thought they had canceled her transatlantic.Hopefully she will be headed back to Port Liberty for Nov sailings. Probably wishful thinking but I have to keep a positive outlook. 

I was looking at available sailings earlier today (got a promo for Gold C&A members), and saw that Anthem is still currently scheduled for her Nov 2020 8-night Bahamas sailings, along with her Dec 2020 & Jan/Feb/Mar 2021 11-/12-night Southern Caribbean sailings. So there's that much, for whatever it's worth.

And that promo would have been nice if it included the winter Anthem sailings for December 2021 and January 2022 that are currently available; but the offer ended with Nov 2021. I'm thinking that one of those Jan / Feb / Mar 2022 winter sailings might be the next chance I get to cruise out of Bayonne with reasonable certainty, and since I have 23 C&A points at the moment doing a 12-nighter in a JS for 24 C&A points would get me to Platinum and a good chunk of the way to Emerald.

22 hours ago, JLMoran said:

I was looking at available sailings earlier today (got a promo for Gold C&A members), and saw that Anthem is still currently scheduled for her Nov 2020 8-night Bahamas sailings, along with her Dec 2020 & Jan/Feb/Mar 2021 11-/12-night Southern Caribbean sailings. So there's that much, for whatever it's worth.

And that promo would have been nice if it included the winter Anthem sailings for December 2021 and January 2022 that are currently available; but the offer ended with Nov 2021. I'm thinking that one of those Jan / Feb / Mar 2022 winter sailings might be the next chance I get to cruise out of Bayonne with reasonable certainty, and since I have 23 C&A points at the moment doing a 12-nighter in a JS for 24 C&A points would get me to Platinum and a good chunk of the way to Emerald.

What was the promo for Gold c and a members?

I miss Anthem. We have been on her for the past 4 Thanksgivings and have really enjoyed the trips. Crossing out fingers that we will be able to take that Thanksgiving cruise in 2021. With the way things are going right now things are not getting much better. I doubt cruising from the US will open before Spring of 2021....

We are supposed to be on the Anthem following the thanksgiving cruise, (I keep trying to be positive, though reality is creeping in.) If they have another round of cancellations, we´ll be up next. Final payment 8/31, already have backup plans but still not really the outcome we wanted, but we are far better off than some. 50th anniversary cruise will be 51st anniversary instead. 

On 8/16/2020 at 10:02 AM, ehw51 said:

50th anniversary cruise will be 51st anniversary instead. 

@ehw51 So sorry to hear your 50th plans were bumped.  Like you say, hopefully you will make it next year instead.  2021 is our 25th and Ceil and I are hoping to be on the Anthem Group Cruise to Norway.  Crossing our fingers...

• 4 weeks later...

I checked in last week for my Nov 13 cruise on the Anthem out of Port Liberty. I also purchased the Key and dining package. Not saying they wouldn’t take my money knowing the cruise is not happening and would refund it after they cancel...but...I’m still hopeful! I’ll keep an eye on the the Anthem’s position. Fingers crossed!

2 hours ago, BrianB said:

I also purchased the Key and dining package. Not saying they wouldn’t take my money knowing the cruise is not happening and would refund it after they cancel...but...I’m still hopeful!

They sold the Key and drink/dining packages for all the cruises from March through now right up until they canceled them.  They certainly knew the ones over the summer weren't going to happen because they were in the process of sending the crews home while selling those add-ons.  I'd love to book a cruise (or any other vacation) but I'm not locking up my money with any travel related company until after they've restarted their businesses.  I realize prices may rise by then but I'm willing to pay more later to have extra "just in case" money around now.

5 hours ago, BrianB said:

I checked in last week for my Nov 13 cruise on the Anthem out of Port Liberty. I also purchased the Key and dining package. Not saying they wouldn’t take my money knowing the cruise is not happening and would refund it after they cancel...but...I’m still hopeful! I’ll keep an eye on the the Anthem’s position. Fingers crossed!

Curious....can you book entertainment?  (Or you probably dont need to with The Key but wondering if they open any reservations - guessing not)

17 minutes ago, WannaCruise said:

Curious....can you book entertainment?  (Or you probably dont need to with The Key but wondering if they open any reservations - guessing not)

Yes you can.  We booked The Gift, WWRY, and Spectra prior to sailing.   I want to say it was 60-90 days out, can't recall (sailed in 17)   We also booked NorthStar.  You have to look on your planner, I want to say it is entertainment.

The Key gets "designated" seating for the shows.  Non-Key holders/suites will need to be there early since it is a free for all regarding seats.

If they state that you can't book on your planner, as soon as get on the ship go and make reservations, especially for I Fly and NorthStar.

11 minutes ago, Pima1988 said:

Yes you can.  We booked The Gift, WWRY, and Spectra prior to sailing.   I want to say it was 60-90 days out, can't recall (sailed in 17)   We also booked NorthStar.  You have to look on your planner, I want to say it is entertainment.

The Key gets "designated" seating for the shows.  Non-Key holders/suites will need to be there early since it is a free for all regarding seats.

If they state that you can't book on your planner, as soon as get on the ship go and make reservations, especially for I Fly and NorthStar.

Yes thanks...but wondering if upcoming shows can be currently booked during covid.  i.e. are they releasing schedules while ships are suspended?

9 hours ago, WannaCruise said:

Yes thanks...but wondering if upcoming shows can be currently booked during covid.  i.e. are they releasing schedules while ships are suspended?

I can't answer for Anthem, but I can tell you that for Oasis (Dec. 6), this is what shows up when I look at booking a show:

image.png.c8bc16da64a06caf4e6fa734634b175d.png

Now, granted....this is a sailing that is almost certainly going to be cancelled...so that may have something to do with it.  ...but ordinarily, I would have thought that entertainment venues would be showing up by now.  There's really no dependable rule about when entertainment opens up for reservations.  Sometimes it's 200 days out and sometimes it's 60 or less.  You just never know.

My gut thoughts are that Cruise Director is a contract position and they probably are off contract right now.  The CD sets the entertainment schedule working in conjunction with the various teams involved.  Some shows draw backstage crews from another venue, a new cast requires blocking a venue for rehearsals which means some other show or event can't use it during that time.  There is quite a lot of coordination involved with setting the entertainment schedule and none of those crew are working right now.  

Plus they have to see what the Healthy Sail Panel says.  Some shows might not be offered or maybe they'll offer one show more frequently with fewer guests per show but that will result in cutting a different show.  

On 8/15/2020 at 2:06 PM, JLMoran said:

Up to $400 off 2021 sailings, +60% off second guest, and Kids Sail Free. Only for sailings through Nov 2021 in the North American region (Alaska, Caribbean, Bermuda & N/E, etc.)

Where are these promos? I am gold still due to so many cancellations, do you have to ghost book to see these offerings?

Thanks a bunch! 

2 hours ago, Neesa said:

Where are these promos? I am gold still due to so many cancellations, do you have to ghost book to see these offerings?

Thanks a bunch!

I've just gotten a couple of emails promoting it. I've looked at itineraries here and there, but nothing going so far as trying a mock booking or the like. And the itineraries I've been looking at (Mediterranean, Northern Europe, and Alaska) aren't even the ones being featured in those promos (Caribbean and Bahamas only).

On 8/15/2020 at 8:06 PM, JLMoran said:

Up to $400 off 2021 sailings, +60% off second guest, and Kids Sail Free. Only for sailings through Nov 2021 in the North American region (Alaska, Caribbean, Bermuda & N/E, etc.)

How do you get these offers? We are gold C&A members, but never get any e-mail with any sale offers. I actually never get any mail from Royal at all. Yes, they do have our e-mail adresses and we book directly with them

19 hours ago, WannaCruise said:

58 days out from the cruise and I am unable to reserve any entertainment at all. Makes me think they either haven’t yet completed the planning for seating in the venues...or finalized casting, staffing and scheduling shows...or are convinced the cruise will go as scheduled.

However, the rest of the cruise planner is open...including dining, spa, shorex, internet...in other words, everything that requires payment.

With the Key onboard the Anthem, you still need to reserve your entertainment choices. When the Key first came out, no reservations were needed. But not anymore.

19 hours ago, Marga said:

How do you get these offers? We are gold C&A members, but never get any e-mail with any sale offers. I actually never get any mail from Royal at all. Yes, they do have our e-mail adresses and we book directly with them

Up until that email I posted about, I never got a single C&A related email from Royal in a little over 3 years of being a member. I chalk it up to dumb luck and Royal starting to get desperate for bookings that put cash in their coffers. They picked the wrong guy, I'm not booking anything for another couple of months, when the 2022 itineraries come out. And most likely it'll be on Celebrity (where I have no standing at all in Captain's Club) since I'm still looking for a more boutique-style itinerary to go on with the family.

On 8/14/2020 at 1:18 PM, ehw51 said:

Anthem is done with her dry dock and is heading to Southhampton. At least it is heading to where it is supposed to be but I thought they had canceled her transatlantic.Hopefully she will be headed back to Port Liberty for Nov sailings. Probably wishful thinking but I have to keep a positive outlook. 

Is Port Liberty a cruise terminal that will easily be permitted to open (beyond the CDC, ielocal authorities)?

1 hour ago, cruisellama said:

Is Port Liberty a cruise terminal that will easily be permitted to open (beyond the CDC, ielocal authorities)?

Likely depends a great deal on what's happening in NJ and the surrounding communities including across the river in NY.  Anthem's drive market includes several nearby states so if the larger area is experiencing issues related to the virus it's unlikely the Port Authority of NJ and NY will green light the Cape Liberty cruise port.

I could see some winter challenges if they have to stop the practice of queueing guests in a waiting area inside the terminal.  On a nice day it's easy enough to walk over to the Tear Drop Memorial so it's got that much going for it compared to some FL ports like Port Everglades that isn't very friendly for walking around near the terminal.