Not ALL bad news!

Spang1974

I just wanted to share some good vibrations. While I had two cruises cancelled this year (May, Oct), and I am still waiting on taxes and fees to be refunded, I have made the best of a bad situation. I gladly chose the 125% FCC and the 125% cruise planner credit. I have done all the bookings myself, mostly through email using RCI sales reps I have used in the past, because I’m in the UK and don’t really have a goto travel agent.  So the good news is I have been able to go from an 8 night sailing to a 12 night sailing (with nothing but gratuities, taxes, and fees to pay) using the 125% FCC and have amassed $1400 OBC to spend. I have lost out on about $125 OBC credit but considering the 4 extra nights and the itinerary (Canary Islands, Portugal, and Spain) I am super excited! I didn’t even have to pay a deposit, as FCC was reinstated while I was on the phone finalising the booking.  So yes, it has not been ideal, I am still looking at a much better cruise than I started out with in my opinion. The new booking is for July 2021, so hopefully 3rd time lucky.

Fingers crossed for you! If the vaccine timeline that officials keep claiming actually holds, and they have it available in large enough quantities, you could have a good shot at this.

Even if the vaccine isn't available yet, as a European sailing that may still not be accepting US citizens even then, you should have a better-than-even chance of going. With the short cruises that have already sailed, more on the way, and the lessons that are being learned from them, that may well be enough to allow for a 12-night Med voyage to happen.