Not your usual "they cancelled my cruise" post...?

We were on Anthem 2 yrs ago.  The ship has some amazing aspects, to me the best is the Solarium.  I would rank it as the best in the fleet. 

I also feel that due to the location, The Quest is the best because it is in the 270 and that allows more interaction than compared to other ships when they hold it in locations like Studio B.

The 70s party is fun and a must do on any ship.

Make sure you are on the pool deck for sail away because Anthem only clears the bottom of the Verazzano bridge by @ 30 feet.  You can hear the tires whiz over you.  When you get to the port you will also be able to see the tear drop memorial.  It is for 9/11 gifted from Russia.  It is truly a beautiful sculpture.  The captain may or may not sail around the Statue of Liberty, but you will be able to see it.

A hidden gem is the Dog house, they have hot dogs, brats, sausages, etc..  It is located in the back of the bumper cars area.  270 is where you get the famous Kummelwreck.

Of course there is the NorthStar and I Fly to try.  To me it is a 1x and done experience.  When we were on Anthem the NorthStar did not swing over the side of the ship.  Not sure if it does now.  It basically goes up like a hot air balloon ride.

I have done the Bahamas cruise out of Bayonne.  Anthem typically gets the covered parking lot which you will be happy for since it can snow in NJ that time of the yr.

Hope that helps.

2 hours ago, JonathanColton said:

What do you think of Anthem?

Didn't do that itinerary but loved Anthem and Cape Liberty. It was my first solo trip - I had no issue navigating Cape Liberty, everything was pretty easy to get around. (except the machines were down post cruise and there was a 2 hour wait outside (cold) until they were back up).

Anthem was a lovely ship with so many places to sit and relax.

@JonathanColton I forgot to add 3 more unique things about Anthem.

1. The WJ has outdoor seating.  It is so nice to sit out in the open air.  Just keep walking through the WJ and eventually you will get there.  Many people, including myself do not realize they have this option when going to the WJ.  Most will look for tables close to the food, thus, they miss this little hidden gem.  

2. Can't recall exactly where it is at in location from the WJ, but there is a lucite cut out in the floor.  It is not in the WJ, and if memory serves me, you turn left off the elevator.   It allows you to look down many decks.   Someone else can tell you exactly where it is located.

3. Loyal to Royal know the washy washy song, but for me RCL shows how much they believe in handwashing with their newer ships.  To enter the WJ on Anthem you are forced into a hand washing station and they have attendants watching you to make sure you did wash your hands.  From a covid issue it should make you feel safer for entering their buffet stations.

@SteveinSC

I will not lie, we had fun at the 70's party, BUT a lot comes down to the cruise director.  You need them to create the vibe.  I also think it has a lot to do with location, just like The Quest.

The Quest on Anthem is great because of the location.  It is not as good impo on a ship that has it in Studio B (ice rink) due to sitting up higher and further way from the audience.

Flip side I like the 70s party on ships where they do it on the Promenade. 

OBTW, you can always find that loyal to Royal guest because they dress up in 70s outfits or at least don't bat an eye when they see those guests dressed up.  

Pinging @Lovetocruise2002, IIRC she did that itinerary or the 9-night version in March on Anthem last year.

Can confirm everyone else's positive comments about Anthem. My wife and I love the outdoor seating all the way aft in the WJ that others have mentioned, and also love the CK on board (if you happen to have booked a JS or higher cabin). I've only sailed her in late fall rather than late winter / early spring; just be prepared for the first day and maybe the second to require long pants and long sleeves / cold-weather clothing.

Much of NJ is still on heavy restrictions, and companies located around here that thought they'd start sending employees back to the office in September have now moved that date to January. So I'd be very cautious about this sailing actually happening.

3 hours ago, JLMoran said:

Pinging @Lovetocruise2002, IIRC she did that itinerary or the 9-night version in March on Anthem last year.

Yes, I've done two on Anthem out of Bayonne.  One was an 8 night in March, and the other was a 9 night in July.

My thoughts are in these two blogs:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/5780-anthem-of-the-seas-march-9-17-2018/

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/13683-cruising-with-greatness-–-anthem-group-cruise-–-july-4-13-2019/

23 hours ago, Thecatlady said:

I posted this EXACT post, word for word, around a month ago:

Apparently it's some sort of a bot as it added some odd links to the end of your copied post.  I've removed the copied post and then merged the two topics together so the new responses didn't get lost.