Cruise Itinerary Ideas

I was inspired by something I heard during Mondays YouTube.  My mind wandered back in time to my youth to 1978 when as a young sailor, I had my first major cruise (HMS Juno). I thought to myself, how much fun it would be to recreate that cruise, but this time in somewhat more opulent accomodations onboard a suitable RCCL ship.  Just for fun, I wonder how much it would cost and how long it would take to complete.  In 1978 it was 9 months and there was no cost to me.  The itinerary was as follows:

Portsmouth UK; Brest, France; Tortolla, BVI; Belize; Panama Canal Transit; San Diego CA; Long Beach CA; Victoria BC; Prince Rupert BC; Juneax, AK; San Francisco CA; Acapulco MX; Panama Canal Transit; San Juan Puerto Rico; Dominica, Lesser Antilles; Key West FL; St Thomas USVI; Portsmouth UK

Who else has a dream cruise itinerary, 

17 hours ago, Matt said:

Cruise or military deployment?

That is a heck of an itinerary

Hi Matt, of course it was a military deployment HMS Juno was at that time part of the 5th Frigate Squadron, which formed part of the HMS Blake battle group.  However,  you are right it would make one heck of a cruise itinerary which is why I put it here.  Interested to see ideas others would have for their dream itinerary.

1 hour ago, Andy & Sheryl Unwin said:

Hi Matt, of course it was a military deployment HMS Juno was at that time part of the 5th Frigate Squadron, which formed part of the HMS Blake battle group.  However,  you are right it would make one heck of a cruise itinerary which is why I put it here.  Interested to see ideas others would have for their dream itinerary.

My spouse was military (USAF, Lt Col Retired). They had a couple of these outrageous itineraries. Let's just say yours was limited by navigatible  waters; theirs were not.

4 hours ago, MrB said:

My spouse was military (USAF, Lt Col Retired). They had a couple of these outrageous itineraries. Let's just say yours was limited by navigatible  waters; theirs were not.

It was a fun time of life.  But I really do love the idea of recreating that trip.  Perhaps adding a port or two along the way.  Its a flight of fancy, imagining a dream itinerary, money no object and of course RCCL agreeing to do it