Lift & Shift Blackout Exemption

jrey51

Has anyone had any luck getting exempted from the holiday blackout on Lift and Shift?

Trying to move a Jan. 2, 2021 booking to Dec. 26th, 2022.

Not trying to game the system or anything . Our same itinerary is only available on either Dec. 26th, or Jan. 9th. I have limited time off, so trying to work it so I still fly out on a stat holiday. RCL doesn't seem to be willing to budge though...wondering if anyone else has had more luck? 

We also did holiday to holiday but they required a special exemption because we went from 8-nights to 7 (despite being same ship and ports of call). I had my TA work her magic to make that one happen. 

If you’ve tried and they’re not budging, you may be out of luck. Another option would be to transfer your current booking to a TA (I’m assuming it’s not with one right now?) and then see if they have any more luck due to leverage. 

23 hours ago, Baked Alaska said:

If your original cruise was a Holiday (in the title), I wouldn't think you would have troubles. If your trying to shift to a Holiday cruise from a non-Holiday cruise, they will probably not let that happen.

good point about the wording "Holiday" in the cruise title.  the main problem with 2021 is those 2 holidays Xmas and new years both fall on one of the 2 major Embark/Debark days, so there are very few "Holiday" cruises compared to most other years when they fall into the middle of the week and don't throw the scheduling off