Tell us about your next RCI cruise

Our next is actually two cruises B2B on the Serenade of the Seas from NOLA for New Year 2015 and the week after:

Dec 27, 2014 to Jan 03, 2015 - Key West, Florida - Cococay, Bahamas - Nassau, Bahamas

Jan 03, 2015 to Jan 10, 2015 - Falmouth, Jamaica - Georgetown, Grand Cayman - Cozumel, Mexico

post-417-0-60024900-1395080256_thumb.jpg

My next cruise that I have actually booked is the Quantum of the Seas group cruise on March 21, 2015 (shameless plug).  Hoping I'll be able to sneak another 1-2 cruises in before that but some things up in the air first to deal with. C'est la vie!

Our next cruise is on Oasis on April 5th, 17 days! We have chose the My Time Dining, and have a show booked each night (really looking forward to the aqua theatre performances). We are booked in an ocean view balcony. Not sure yet about specialty restaurants. We actually booked no shore excursions, partly because we would rather "explore" the port our selves, and, the ship is so massive, we plan on being on board while docked for some time. We are really looking forward to it, we have even made "Cruise T-Shits" and a logo to go with it (yes a bit geeky)! So excited!

We are really looking forward to it, we have even made "Cruise T-Shits" and a logo to go with it (yes a bit geeky)! So excited!

I think that's a great (and fun) idea!

We're booked on Mariner of the Seas for the 4 night Christmas cruise out of Singapore, and then Voyager from Fremantle to Singapore in April next year. :)

I love Mariner, have a great time!

Our next cruise is on Oasis on April 5th, 17 days! We have chose the My Time Dining, and have a show booked each night (really looking forward to the aqua theatre performances). We are booked in an ocean view balcony. Not sure yet about specialty restaurants. We actually booked no shore excursions, partly because we would rather "explore" the port our selves, and, the ship is so massive, we plan on being on board while docked for some time. We are really looking forward to it, we have even made "Cruise T-Shits" and a logo to go with it (yes a bit geeky)! So excited!

I'll keep an eye out for that shirt and say hello!

-Fellow April 5 Oasis cruiser 

We're booked on Mariner of the Seas for the 4 night Christmas cruise out of Singapore, and then Voyager from Fremantle to Singapore in April next year. :)

Love the Mariner - one of my favorites still in the RCI line up

Next for me - 2 night Oasis (kids free offer!!) for Aug 30, 2014 then the Quantum in November, can't wait

My wife, daughter, and I currently have two cruises booked. Our first one is a 7 night Canada/New England cruise on Brilliance OTS in September 2014 out of Boston and the second is an 8 night Bahamas cruise on Grandeur OTS in April 2015 out of Baltimore. We've never sailed a Canada/New England itinerary, have never sailed out of Boston before, and I have never sailed on a Radiance class ship before, so we are really looking forward to that cruise for those reasons. We have sailed to the Bahams 3 times and have sailed out of Baltimore twice on the Enchantment OTS, so this crusie will not be anything new for us, but we got a really good deal on it and will be in one of the new panoramic ocean view staterooms. We have also never been on Grandeur OTS before and hey, any cruise is a good cruise IMO, so we are really looking forward to this one as well!

May 2014 Serenade OTS 11nt BCN BCN Italian Med. 3 Night pre in Barcelona at Hotel Condes de Barcelona. My time dining set to match some late tour returns at Florence, Rome, & Naples. Booked all excursions thru RCCL except Villefrance -- will spend the day on our on in Port City & Old Town Nice. Sailed Serenade several years ago, looking forward to seeing the refurbish upgrades.

My next cruise is in October on Allure of the Seas. I'm traveling with a bunch of friends from an online forum. This is the second official group cruise from our forum. We've been planning this cruise since April last year (when it was 17 months out).

I love cruising with friends, especially ones that love to cruise too

We have just completed a 33 night Circumnavigation of Australia that took in the NZ South Islands and Sounds as well as Bali... So we are saving up our vacation time again to head to the USA in 2016 and do an Alaskan Cruise, a cruise on Quantum out of New York and then cruise back to Sydney from Hawaii. It will be our biggest adventure yet.

We have just completed a 33 night Circumnavigation of Australia that took in the NZ South Islands and Sounds as well as Bali... So we are saving up our vacation time again to head to the USA in 2016 and do an Alaskan Cruise, a cruise on Quantum out of New York and then cruise back to Sydney from Hawaii. It will be our biggest adventure yet.

(green with envy!)

Someday I want to do a southeastern Asian cruise, as I fear it's the only way I'll be able to get my wife to go there…. 

Are you looking to adopt a 32 year old son?

My next cruise is in October on Allure of the Seas. I'm traveling with a bunch of friends from an online forum. This is the second official group cruise from our forum. We've been planning this cruise since April last year (when it was 17 months out).

Sounds great - I really like the Allure - best gym at Sea!  that's a big deal to me, lol

wow these all sound great!  would love to hear more about your most recent trip? what ship was this on?

wow these all sound great!  would love to hear more about your most recent trip? what ship was this on?

It was aboard Radiance of the Seas... It was awesome I have to say and I wouldn't mind doing it again sometime in the future. The highlights for us was the sounds in NZ (Doubtful, Dusky and Milford Sounds). Milford sounds was truely amazing. It was pouring with rain and literally 10 waterfalls every 500 metres, just stunning.

The other highlight for me was Darwin. We did a "Jumping Crocodile" tour. I am still amazed that we just drove up to this river, got on a boat and these 5m monsters were just swimming about in the river, scary stuff. The Great Barrier Reef was also lovely, but had been there before so we chose on this day to stay at a resort for the day. There were so many other great sights. I might upload some photos over the weekend for you.

It was aboard Radiance of the Seas... It was awesome I have to say and I wouldn't mind doing it again sometime in the future. The highlights for us was the sounds in NZ (Doubtful, Dusky and Milford Sounds). Milford sounds was truely amazing. It was pouring with rain and literally 10 waterfalls every 500 metres, just stunning.

The other highlight for me was Darwin. We did a "Jumping Crocodile" tour. I am still amazed that we just drove up to this river, got on a boat and these 5m monsters were just swimming about in the river, scary stuff. The Great Barrier Reef was also lovely, but had been there before so we chose on this day to stay at a resort for the day. There were so many other great sights. I might upload some photos over the weekend for you.

Sounds totally amazing - I would love to see Milford sound as well = may have to put this one on my bucket list - thanks for posting - not often I look at the longer cruises but the older I get....the more they appeal to me

We're heading back to the Caribbean on Allure in May. Probably our 9th time on the Western route, but we tried Oasis in December and loved it, so we had to book Allure!

I have similar experience.  We loved Oasis and looking for a way to get back on an Oasis-class ship!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hopefully a last second deal sometime this summer.  Had to cancel my May 25 Freedom cruise because my daughter took a summer internship.  She may get some time off later in the summer and if so, I would like to try RCL for the first time.  Fingers crossed.  

I have similar experience.  We loved Oasis and looking for a way to get back on an Oasis-class ship!

Matt I know you live in the New York area so this might be hard for you but last August I saw the prices for Oasis and Allure dramatically drop for September so I quickly booked a cruise on Allure. The rates were really good. I got a balcony room for 699 per person plus taxes and fees but I am also a diamond member so I got to use my balcony discount for $200.00 off. My point is in Late July/early August you should see if the pricing for Allure in September will be cheap again because I have a feeling you can get a really great deal again around that time and flights might not be too bad if you book 30-40 days in advance.  

Matt I know you live in the New York area so this might be hard for you but last August I saw the prices for Oasis and Allure dramatically drop for September so I quickly booked a cruise on Allure. The rates were really good. I got a balcony room for 699 per person plus taxes and fees but I am also a diamond member so I got to use my balcony discount for $200.00 off. My point is in Late July/early August you should see if the pricing for Allure in September will be cheap again because I have a feeling you can get a really great deal again around that time and flights might not be too bad if you book 30-40 days in advance.  

September and October are always inexpensive times to cruise because it's hurricane season.  $699 per person on Oasis class is a steal!  Hope I can manage to take advantage of a deal like that this year

• 2 weeks later...