Anyone tried the celebration dining package?

Matt

I was browsing the Royal Caribbean site for my upcoming cruise and saw an option for the celebration dining package where if you book 4 or more people for a specialty restaurant (Chops or Portofino), you can get a $30 credit for wine.  

The downside is it must be booked on night 1 or 2 of your cruise.  I don't like to miss first dinner in MDR because I want to meet server & table mates and second night is formal night, which I can live with skipping MDR for but would have liked to be in MDR for that.

Anyone tried this package?  Worth it?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Sorry for the delay. Yes, I've booked the Celebration Dining Package. Obviously the "$30 credit for wine" or what restaurants are included depend on the ship. It's 100% worth it if you like your specialty restaurants. Book your first restaurant on night 2, and you'll be set.

I'm excited for when they release the Allure Choice Dining Package for my sailing.

We have done it and will probably do it again.

Not big on the formal night so the $30 credit to encourage us to eat at Chops which we would do anyway at some point in the cruise was a good sell point for 2nd night.

Our group of 4 includes one non-drinker and the credit was a $30 bar tab rather than specific to wine so it basically worked out to a drink or two for each of us.