RCG Earnings Call

2 hours ago, twangster said:

The market seemed to like it, stock is up nearly 10% based on the call.  

Given the "bad news" the market took it very well indeed.

Well, travel stocks in general were up about that much today. There was suggestion that consumers were beginning to act on pent up demand based on activity over the weekend.

"It may well be possible that we'll resume operations in China and potentially Australia before the end of October."

Living in New Zealand, I find the above statement from the earnings call to reconcile with what I see happening in this region

•  Australian International borders are closed to everyone except returning Australians and passengers with exemptions, and anyone arriving in the country must undergo a two-week quarantine at their cost. 
  •  The Australian Government has banned all International travel unless you have an exemption.
  •  Borders between states are closed due to the surge in cases in Melbourne, so it is not possible to travel from Sydney (New South Wales) to other states within Australia.
  •  New Zealand borders are closed to everyone except New Zealand citizens, likely until the end of the year and possibly longer. Anyone arriving in the country will have to undergo a  two-week quarantine at their own cost.

The limitations above are in place for the foreseeable future, and it is highly unlikely there will be any relaxation by October/November. Any crew arriving would have to quarantine before passengers would be allowed on board, crew and passengers would have to quarantine again for voyages to New Zealand.

There is a general distrust of the cruise industry after the Ruby Princess and Diamond Princess outbreaks earlier in the year, particularly the Ruby Princess which was responsible for aiding the original spread of the virus in New South Wales.

I am not familiar with the situation in China, so this might be a more realistic appraisal for that region.

On 8/11/2020 at 1:35 PM, F1guynz said:

"It may well be possible that we'll resume operations in China and potentially Australia before the end of October."

Living in New Zealand, I find the above statement from the earnings call to reconcile with what I see happening in this region

•  Australian International borders are closed to everyone except returning Australians and passengers with exemptions, and anyone arriving in the country must undergo a two-week quarantine at their cost. 
  •  The Australian Government has banned all International travel unless you have an exemption.
  •  Borders between states are closed due to the surge in cases in Melbourne, so it is not possible to travel from Sydney (New South Wales) to other states within Australia.
  •  New Zealand borders are closed to everyone except New Zealand citizens, likely until the end of the year and possibly longer. Anyone arriving in the country will have to undergo a  two-week quarantine at their own cost.

The limitations above are in place for the foreseeable future, and it is highly unlikely there will be any relaxation by October/November. Any crew arriving would have to quarantine before passengers would be allowed on board, crew and passengers would have to quarantine again for voyages to New Zealand.

There is a general distrust of the cruise industry after the Ruby Princess and Diamond Princess outbreaks earlier in the year, particularly the Ruby Princess which was responsible for aiding the original spread of the virus in New South Wales.

I am not familiar with the situation in China, so this might be a more realistic appraisal for that region.

Based on all the above I can see the entire Summer 2020-2021 Australia/NZ/South Pacific season being cancelled at this stage. 

On 8/10/2020 at 10:42 AM, twangster said:

They say they have enough credit potential to last through most of 2021 with no revenue.  

On 8/10/2020 at 11:51 AM, cruisellama said:

That's a guarded statement :3_grin:

And a new $700 million loan.

They should be able to make it through 2021 now without any revenue.