Premium Beverage Package Question

jagnew

Hi - I have done some research and found the flyer showing what is included in the premium package, seems like a pretty good "freebie" for something offering up to $15 drinks.

There is fine print on the flyer though, that 20% gratuity is added.  Ehen the package is included as a perk do you end up getting a lot of $1 - $3 receipts for beverages, or is that gratuity factored into the perk itself?

The drink package offered as an included perk with booking is not the Premium beverage package, it is the Classic package that is the lower tier. Only covers drinks up to $9 IIRC, which rules out most imported / craft beers offered, and also eliminates a good numbers of wines offered by the glass.

If I remember correctly (pinging @michelle to be sure), the exception to this is suite bookings -- those get all four perks and an automatic upgrade to the Premium package. If not automatic, it's a modest up-charge.

Non-suite bookings have to pay for both the upgrade to get all four perks instead of the "choose 2" or "choose 3" of the current promo, and then pay another up-charge to go Premium.

It looks like the single and 2 perk price points are using the classic package, and the additional upgrade to 4 perks would bring in premium.  Overall for the cost it seems a good deal, and I'm not using $2 gratuities as a deal breaker, just not sure how it fits together.

10 hours ago, jagnew said:

It looks like the single and 2 perk price points are using the classic package, and the additional upgrade to 4 perks would bring in premium.  Overall for the cost it seems a good deal, and I'm not using $2 gratuities as a deal breaker, just not sure how it fits together.

If you're not happy with the classic package you're able to upgrade to premium on-board.   You'll find the classic price allowance misses many of the specialty martinis, if you're a martini person, you may want to upgrade.    We found by adding 2 of martini's/day we could cover the upgrade at that time.  (Think it was $13/day/pp).  Now we'll book suite level and get premium as part of that package.