Tui Mean Shif 2 (partially owned by RCL)

I was just watching a youtube showing Mein Shif 2 (TUI) complete a successful 3 day cruise to nowhere with zero Covid.

I am excited that they are moving forward with ways to evaluate and adapt!

Although, Mein Shif 1 had issue with Crew and COVID.  Have you heard how RCL are dealing with the incoming crew and COVID

5 minutes ago, Amber O'Hara said:

I was just watching a youtube showing Mein Shif 2 (TUI) complete a successful 3 day cruise to nowhere with zero Covid.

Although, Mein Shif 1 had issue with Crew and COVID.  Have you heard how RCL are dealing with the incoming crew and COVID

If only our shortsighted country would allow "cruises to nowhere" for the time being till things improve. Americans only and cruises to the middle of the Atlantic and come on back. I would sail on one no doubt. 

Do you have a link by chance to that video? German speaking only I guess right?

Welcome to the message boards @Amber O'Hara !

21 hours ago, Amber O'Hara said:

Have you heard how RCL are dealing with the incoming crew and COVID

Royal Caribbean is working on a series of new protocols and policies as part of the Healthy Sail Panel: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2020/07/06/royal-caribbean-creates-expert-panel-develop-cruise-ship-health-policies

21 hours ago, Amber O'Hara said:

17 minutes ago, Matt said:

Welcome to the message boards @Amber O'Hara !

Royal Caribbean is working on a series of new protocols and policies as part of the Healthy Sail Panel: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2020/07/06/royal-caribbean-creates-expert-panel-develop-cruise-ship-health-policies

It should happen to start exercising the protocols with small numbers of guests.   Work out the bugs.

On 8/9/2020 at 4:30 PM, RCIfan1912 said:

Do you have a link by chance to that video? German speaking only I guess right?

I think there are a couple of video links in the live review a poster over on CC did. Since he generally cruises on Celebrity and there is no Mein Schiff board he posted his review on the Celebrity board over there. Other cruisers also chimed in so there are plenty of pictures, comments and opinions and makes interesting reading. It's currently on page 2 of the Celebrity board. Look for the title "Live from the first cruise in the pandemic".

check out this guy.

If you watch on PC you can choose for it to auto translate CC into English, which it does fairly well, abeit with some really funny mistakes but you can get the most of it.

Thanks to @Neaxan for posting it a few weeks ago. Seems like he's also doing river cruises. 

I follow several vloggers doing theme parks as well and not one of them has caught the disease despite being in Florida AND visiting themeparks daily. What does that mean for me?

Well it means when you have situations which are controlled and protocols in place the mitigation of this virus is possible. Cruise ships are the ultimate controlled environment.