Full 2022 schedule release?

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Voronin said:

Bringing this topic back from the grave, but do the transatlantic/repositioning cruises get released at the same time in November generally? We would love to go on the Galveston to Barcelona this year but we've got our rescheduled cruise from this year during that time frame. Thanks so much!!

Here's an example from last year's deployment announcement

2021-2022-deployment-schedule.jpg

I was guessing November for Europe schedule. Will be keeping a sharp eye out for those 2022 sailings so I can see what's available for Norway / Iceland and eastern Med.

Don't tell @Lovetocruise2002 ?, but I'm getting so desperate I'm even considering doing a B2B O-class sailing, if they offer alternating eastern and western Med on consecutive weeks like they do with the Caribbean over here! I just want 2 weeks on a ship, ideally in a Jr. Suite or better so I can also get some catching up on C&A done. And of course, that would also mean CK for dinner on O-class!

Seems to always be late in the year.   Nov-Dec, so behind much of the competition which I don't understand - I'm sure there's some sort of strategy behind it.   But with all the cancelations, would have though they would want to move the release up to include the back half of '22 and capture some additional deposits.

On 8/26/2020 at 6:33 PM, JLMoran said:

I'm even considering doing a B2B O-class sailing, if they offer alternating eastern and western Med on consecutive weeks like they do with the Caribbean over here!

So far, O-class have only done western Med, same standard itinerary week in week out. ?

Odyssey has some very interesting 9-night itineraries for next summer with some overnight calls in places like Athens. If they continue with those they might be worth you having a look at them. There are also usually longer itineraries out of Southampton that are interesting too, although anything out of there tends to be stupidly expensive. 

46 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

So far, O-class have only done western Med, same standard itinerary week in week out. ?

Yeah, I checked what's currently available and saw that with Harmony. And the Odyssey 7-night sailings don't align with the same sail date as Harmony, so at best I would have to do something like:

1. Arrive in Rome a couple days early for Harmony and stay in hotel / get over jet lag
  2. Sail Harmony for Western Med
  3. Go to a hotel again for a few days (can at least get in some additional touring time in Rome)
  4. Sail Odyssey for one of its 7-night Italy & Greece tours

Not an awful option, certainly. My mom has friends who live in Rome and who I could meet up with for some guided tours and such, so I could make the most of the extra days.

50 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Odyssey has some very interesting 9-night itineraries for next summer with some overnight calls in places like Athens. If they continue with those they might be worth you having a look at them. There are also usually longer itineraries out of Southampton that are interesting too, although anything out of there tends to be stupidly expensive. 

I saw those Odyssey itineraries as well, I'd have to learn more about Athens to work out if an overnight there is worth it; I know there's lots to see, just a question of how much that doesn't require doing a lot of walking around on rough / uneven ground (mobility limits).

If I was looking at Southampton, I would more likely do a Northern Europe / Scandinavia itinerary than a Med, only because from what I saw those Southampton-based Med itineraries are so heavy on ports in Spain and very little (if anything) in France / Italy, which is where I'm most interested for a first Med trip due to family heritage. But at that point I'd also be looking at Copenhagen and Amsterdam, since that seems to be where the best Northern Europe options depart from.

11 hours ago, JLMoran said:

I would have to do something like:

1. Arrive in Rome a couple days early for Harmony and stay in hotel / get over jet lag
  2. Sail Harmony for Western Med
  3. Go to a hotel again for a few days (can at least get in some additional touring time in Rome)
  4. Sail Odyssey for one of its 7-night Italy & Greece tours

I would go for that itinerary in a heartbeat! :14_relaxed: