Suite differences ?

Neesa

Since only sailing the Oasis class I have never sailed the Mariner before. As far as the Grand Suite on this ship, what are the main differences ? Will I need to book embarkation lunch for a more relaxed lunch? Internet also not included? Is there a suite lounge?  I know there is no Coastal Kitchen, what do you do in this case? Thank you ahead of time! 

The GS is similar layout to the GS on Oasis and Allure. Harmony and Symphony Grand suites have a wall in the middle of the room that the older ships do not have. 

The other main difference that I don’t like about the GS on older ships is that the balcony is a lot more narrow compared to oasis class grand suites. There are a few anomaly GS on older ships that have a somewhat different layout. Take a look at the deck plans for those but they are few and far between. 

Yes, there is a suite lounge on Mariner.

As far as dining goes, I have noticed that for embarkation day, they usually have seating in Chops for suite guests but it is seating only. You get your food from the WJ and head there for a more quiet experience. So either that or you could book something...

Because there is no CK, we usually book at least a 3 night dining package on non-Oasis/Quantum class. You also have the option of complimentary room service from either the room service menu or the MDR menu. That could be an option too if you want to dine in your room or balcony. 

I have never sailed on Mariner, but I’m sure it’s very similar to other ships in that class.

I like the GS.  Plenty of room and all of the suites perks. I actually prefer the GS without the TV half-wall.  They have a sense of greater space.  Nice, big bathroom.  No bidet though ??

Re: embarkation lunch, unless you have the UDP there is no complimentary specialty lunch (or dinner, for that matter).  There is a suites’ breakfast (probably in Chops) which is really nice.

Internet is not complementary on that class.  There is a suites’ lounge with happy hour drinks.  It will not have drinks all day like the SL on Oasis class.  Your gold card will get you into the SL during the day and there will be a specialty coffee machine in there unless it is removed due to hygiene concerns....which seems highly likely to me.  I’m sure that will make the Concierges very happy.  The coffee Machine is the bane of their existences.  They are always needing “attention”.

When discussing 'suite perks' does that include Junior Suites (on Navigator in particular) or only the suites above that category?  Curious because I have my family booked in 4 junior suites for our April 2021 sailing while some of our other family members are in Spacious Balcony rooms.  Thanks for any info you can provide ? 

4 minutes ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

When discussing 'suite perks' does that include Junior Suites (on Navigator in particular) or only the suites above that category?  Curious because I have my family booked in 4 junior suites for our April 2021 sailing while some of our other family members are in Spacious Balcony rooms.  Thanks for any info you can provide ? 

Most of the suites benefits do not apply to JS on NAV.  You will get priority going through security and for boarding and of course, you get double C&A points, but that's about it.  I think Matt's post (above) includes all of the information you would need.  

Those in your party that are in balcony rooms will not be able to get the priority security/boarding so you will have to go through without them or stay with them in the non-priority line.

For what it's worth, I think the extra cabin space, the double C&A points and the reduced price (compared to full suites) make the JS a great deal.  We (suite snobs extraordinaire) are currently booked in JS 6 out of 17 bookings - nearly half.

4 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Most of the suites benefits do not apply to JS on NAV.  You will get priority going through security and for boarding and of course, you get double C&A points, but that's about it.  I think Matt's post (above) includes all of the information you would need.  

Those in your party that are in balcony rooms will not be able to get the priority security/boarding so you will have to go through without them or stay with them in the non-priority line.

For what it's worth, I think the extra cabin space, the double C&A points and the reduced price (compared to full suites) make the JS a great deal.  We (suite snobs extraordinaire) are currently booked in JS 6 out of 17 bookings - nearly half.

Thanks for this info.  So...no gold pass??  I did read Matt's post and checked out the blog, too.  I am just happy we will have more space since both my daughters have 4 (2 adults, 2 kids) in their rooms and actually my hubby and I have our oldest granddaughter in ours!  Of course my son and his spouse couldn't be left out so I booked them in a JS too!  All this costing less than what I was paying for our April 2020 cruise in Spacious Balconies!!!  So now I really want 2021 to happen!!

You sure take some gorgeous pictures, @twangster

My extended family and I are booked on a B2B in 2-bedroom Grand Suites on the Mariner in March 2022 (both 9394 and 9694; 10 passengers in total). Would you happen to have any pictures of those suites?

To build excitement, I've (loosely) committed to sending them a picture a day of what our cruise might look like e.g. Mariner pictures, Coco Cay, Labadee, etc. Only 581 pictures left to send, LOL.

Looking forward to my first B2B!

35 minutes ago, dawnelda said:

You sure take some gorgeous pictures, @twangster

My extended family and I are booked on a B2B in 2-bedroom Grand Suites on the Mariner in March 2022 (both 9394 and 9694; 10 passengers in total). Would you happen to have any pictures of those suites?

To build excitement, I've (loosely) committed to sending them a picture a day of what our cruise might look like e.g. Mariner pictures, Coco Cay, Labadee, etc. Only 581 pictures left to send, LOL.

Looking forward to my first B2B!

I don't have pics of the 2 bedroom GS unfortunately.

I do have some Mariner pictures around the ship in this thread:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/9391-recap-mariner-4-night-bahamas-sept-21-2018/

49 minutes ago, dawnelda said:

My extended family and I are booked on a B2B in 2-bedroom Grand Suites on the Mariner

Here's some that @Matt took from Freedom.  It going to be very similar...

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2020/01/11/photo-tour-of-2-bedroom-grand-suite-royal-caribbeans-freedom-of-the-seas