FCC and rebooking

DGalFL

Yesterday we received our 125% FCC and cruise planner credits from our cancelled September cruise.

I was rebookIng for next year, and even after applying the FCC, their system wanted a $500 deposit.

Is this the way it’s intended to work? The FCC more than covers the required deposit.
I didn’t want to call RC and be put on hold for a long time. Thought others here would have experience.

If we do have to put down $500, I’ll just wait on re-booking. We have a March cruise scheduled. (Cross fingers) I may just wait and re-book then.

3 minutes ago, DGalFL said:

TY. I’ll have to try again. I applied the FCC. It acknowledged it. But the system wouldn’t allow the page to advance. And stated they needed $500. ?‍♀️ But I’ll give it another shot. No difference, I’ll just wait.

I wonder if it is one of those things where you need an agent to do it for you. I remember when they first cancelled sailings back in March/April and they allowed extended holds until May 31st before a deposit needed to be made, an agent had to do that for you.

22 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I wonder if it is one of those things where you need an agent to do it for you. I remember when they first cancelled sailings back in March/April and they allowed extended holds until May 31st before a deposit needed to be made, an agent had to do that for you.

Unsuccessful.
I had to call to get this FCC yesterday and was on hold 45 minutes just to get a human. They had sent credits for the cruise planning portion. But not the cruise. She had me on hold several minutes for what I can only assume was her creating the FCC.

I’ve tried numerous ways. System reads it is successful. But it isn’t. It wants a cc number no matter what I do. 
I’m not calling again and waiting another 45 minutes only because their Online system isn’t effective.

4 minutes ago, DGalFL said:

Unsuccessful.
I had to call to get this FCC yesterday and was on hold 45 minutes just to get a human. They had sent credits for the cruise planning portion. But not the cruise. She had me on hold several minutes for what I can only assume was her creating the FCC.

I’ve tried numerous ways. System reads it is successful. But it isn’t. It wants a cc number no matter what I do. 
I’m not calling again and waiting another 45 minutes only because their Online system isn’t effective.

What if you re-book your new cruise (the one that you are trying to use your FCC on) with a travel agent?  Have them deal with Royal. @Matt only posts facts on the blog so this should be able to be done. This is one of the reasons I use a TA. I can do everything, but like you said, I don’t particularly want to be tied to the phone and my free time is more valuable than that.

40 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

What if you re-book your new cruise (the one that you are trying to use your FCC on) with a travel agent?  Have them deal with Royal. @Matt only posts facts on the blog so this should be able to be done. This is one of the reasons I use a TA. I can do everything, but like you said, I don’t particularly want to be tied to the phone and my free time is more valuable than that.

I’m just letting it go. Cruises are a dime a dozen and I have plenty of time. Pretty crap system though. 
I found on their website that I have to enter my payment information and then enter my FCC number. 
My FCC is my payment information. 
Did they plan to charge my cc the FCC amount and then credit it back? That’s ridiculous. 

You definitely have to call in when you want to use an FCC as your deposit - the online system is not set up for that. I have done it quite a few times lately for clients. ?

Just keep in mind that even if your FCC is more than your new reservation RC will only allow you to use it for cruise fare. The taxes and fees always have to be paid separately. 

I decided to book a new cruise while my FCC is pending.  Royal Caribbean explained I would have to put down a deposit but I would get refunded the gratuities, taxes and fees which equal out to be $500 so essentially they cancel each other out.  The 125 % FCC is not over the total balance but the total price minus gratuities, taxes and fees.   

Correct. I received in FCC the amount I anticipated. (Once I called them since I only received emails for the cruise planner 125%.) The cancelled cruise was only 4 nights. The cruise I tried to book was longer. Plus I was booking a higher tier for cabin type.
The FCC wouldn't have covered the cruise portion amount. Although the FCC would have more than covered the deposit.

Actually I didn’t realize we were getting the cruise planner at 125%. I thought that was straight refunded at 100% for the planner portion.

After realizing that, I am only anticipating full refund on taxes and prepaid gratuities.
However appears the FCC can only be applied through a TA or via phone call. I’m in no rush. I can book whenever for whatever cruise. Maybe that cruise was for the better I didn’t book it. ?‍♀️?

I have a question that has no doubt been asked a number of times already so I apologise...

Are the taxes and fees the only element that cannot be covered by the FCC or do the pre-paid gratuities also fall into this bucket (the comments above suggest they do)?

The reason I ask is I have a FCC in GBP that more than covers my only remaining future booking in this currency (the rest are booked in USD following my conversion to team MEI) so I will end up forfeiting the balance. If pre-paid gratuities can be included then I "only" stand to lose about USD100, but if they cannot I am better off foregoing the extra 25% and converting the FCC to a refund, then paying for the future booking in the usual way.

Thanks! 

4 hours ago, Ian T said:

I have a question that has no doubt been asked a number of times already so I apologise...

Are the taxes and fees the only element that cannot be covered by the FCC or do the pre-paid gratuities also fall into this bucket (the comments above suggest they do)?

The reason I ask is I have a FCC in GBP that more than covers my only remaining future booking in this currency (the rest are booked in USD following my conversion to team MEI) so I will end up forfeiting the balance. If pre-paid gratuities can be included then I "only" stand to lose about USD100, but if they cannot I am better off foregoing the extra 25% and converting the FCC to a refund, then paying for the future booking in the usual way.

Thanks! 

It is my understanding that the FCC can ONLY cover cruise fare, so that would make me think that pre-paid gratuities would not be eligible for an FCC.