Transportation logistics Tampa

Pooch

Now that my brother and nephew are joining us, my daughters car will no longer be enough to get us from airport to hotel to ship and back.  The original plan was to fly into Orlando, stay overnight there & drive to Tampa the next day leaving her car at Parking Doctors.  Now I think it would be better to fly to Tampa & spend the night there.  So I need suggestions for a hotel, hopefully one that has either an airport or a cruise/park shuttle option (both would be amazing).  Any ideas ??

The cruise terminal is in the "downtown" area of Tampa about 15-20 minutes from the airport.

I would suggest heading over to downtown when you arrive and then having the short trip to the cruise terminal the next day.

I dont have a specific hotel to recommend since i live locally and havent had to use any of them but there are several in the area from all of the major hotel brands if you have a preference.

Thank you for your help.  As I look around, I THINK (and that's always a crapshoot!!) we are going to stay at the Courtyard Marriott West(something) Airport.  They provide airport shuttles.  My daughter will join us there after work that evening.  The next day, she will drive us to the port and my brother & nephew will take an Uber.

15 minutes ago, Pooch said:

Thank you for your help.  As I look around, I THINK (and that's always a crapshoot!!) we are going to stay at the Courtyard Marriott West(something) Airport.  They provide airport shuttles.  My daughter will join us there after work that evening.  The next day, she will drive us to the port and my brother & nephew will take an Uber.

Don't do that, book at Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa Ybor City and explore that part of the city, then take their shuttle (or a Lyft) the mile or so to the port.  Ybor City is walkable and you'll have a great evening preceding your cruise.

1 hour ago, bcarney said:

Don't do that, book at Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa Ybor City and explore that part of the city, then take their shuttle (or a Lyft) the mile or so to the port.  Ybor City is walkable and you'll have a great evening preceding your cruise.

If you are cigar smokers, Ybor City is a great place to get some hand made quality cigars. You can even watch them being made. At least that the way it was back in the day. :27_sunglasses: