Cabana Booking Questions

gregorykicks

I've looked through past topics on this, but it seems Royal is continually making changes to how they book and assign cabanas. 

On the cruise planner you now have to link all the people who are going to be in your cabana. Has anyone skipped this by booking the cabana for one and then changing the assigned number of people once onboard or upon arrival at the cabana? 

Has anyone successfully booked more than one cabana on the same room/reservation? Can I still book two cabanas, one under my name and one under my wife's? 

We've got a group for an upcoming cruise and we're wanting to use our cruise planner credit from a Covid-cancelled cruise to get enough cabanas for the group. 

Honestly, with things are consistently inconsistent as they usually are with Royal, I would call them directly to make this reservation.  I am sure that you can book 2 cabanas, I just don't know for sure that you can do it in the Cruise Planner.  The issue of OBC is also going to be a bit complicated (I think) so if it were me, I would have my TA handle this or call Royal directly.  Cruise planner and cabana reservations have become a bit complicated  and your situation is even more complicated.

18 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Honestly, with things are consistently inconsistent as they usually are with Royal, I would call them directly to make this reservation.  I am sure that you can book 2 cabanas, I just don't know for sure that you can do it in the Cruise Planner.  The issue of OBC is also going to be a bit complicated (I think) so if it were me, I would have my TA handle this or call Royal directly.  Cruise planner and cabana reservations have become a bit complicated  and your situation is even more complicated.

I've never used my TA to book cruise planner purchases, would she be able to use the OBC? 

19 hours ago, gregorykicks said:

I've never used my TA to book cruise planner purchases, would she be able to use the OBC? 

Yes, your TA will be able to book it and use your OBC.  We have used our TA on various sailings for the big planner items, such as cabanas or beach beds with OBC.   

Can I still book two cabanas, one under my name and one under my wife's? 

I can't see why not.  We do this method for price drops since they are limited in quantity when not wanting to bother our TA.  Instead of taking the chance of losing the cabana between the time we cancel and rebook, we book the new one on the other's reservation number and it has always worked.   In essence, for a few minutes we have 2 cabanas until we go back and cancel the higher price cabana.

On the cruise planner you now have to link all the people who are going to be in your cabana. Has anyone skipped this by booking the cabana for one and then changing the assigned number of people once onboard or upon arrival at the cabana? 

We never had to link them to our cabana or our beach bed or even a couple's spa.  IE it is just 1 person.  This includes or May 2021.  It even says 1 person, so my fear would be that if yo link all of the people you will be charged that cabana price for every single person.

However, if this is the new way, I would not worry about whom is in which cabana.  Once in that area they will give you a wrist band.  The attendants don't care that you linked Jane to 1 cabana, but in the end she wanted be in the other cabana.  They will originally walk her to that linked cabana, but after that they will just look at the fact that she has a wrist band on.  

The only problem you might have is that they assign the location of the cabana.  You no longer, at least at Coco Cay   There are not many of them,  but you might find them next to each other.  They are assigned by the time of purchase.  So if you book yours and by the time you finish and start the 2nd, and than 2 other passengers book during between those times, the cabanas will be separated by 2.  Which goes back to why you might ask your TA or RCL directly so those numbers can be right next to each other.

• 5 weeks later...

I was able to get my cabana's booked yesterday. I called in and had the customer service rep do it for me. She assigned one to me and one to my wife. 

I think, based on what I was seeing online, when you book a cabana the drop down option is actually for the number of cabanas you want. You don't need to assign everyone in the cabana to a reservation. 

Thanks all for your help!