How to proceed cruise was cancelled

mamie

How you proceed will depend upon what you want to do.

If you want to Lift & Shift your cruise forward to the same time, next year, you can get your Travel Agent or Royal Caribbean to help you with determining your options for that.  This option price protects your cruise and extends it 1 year into the future (+ or - 4 weeks on either side of the original sail date).  Royal is being very accommodating with this option, giving you plenty of options for changing ships but keeping your current price.  It has proven to be very popular for people who can wait a year to sail.

If you want to book another cruise, but not have it price protected through L&S, you can either get a Future Cruise Credit (125% of the cruise fare value) or get a 100% cash refund, which would go back to your original form of payment.  If money is a concern for you, then you would need to wait until you either get the FCC or get your money back to book the replacement cruise.  While it has been taking VERY long to get your money refunded, recently the process time has improved.  If it were me, and I knew which replacement cruise I wanted to book, I would go ahead and book it now and apply the FCC or refund later.  With this latest round of cancellations, there will be a rush to rebook and perhaps price increases as a result.  I would want to get in there ahead of the rush...but that's just me.

Whatever you decide to do, you must either notify your Travel Agent or Royal and let them know what you want to do.

Good luck !!

22 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

How you proceed will depend upon what you want to do.

If you want to Lift & Shift your cruise forward to the same time, next year, you can get your Travel Agent or Royal Caribbean help you with determining your options for that.  This option price protects your cruise and extends it 1 year into the future (+ or - 4 weeks on either side of the original sail date).  Royal is being very accommodating with this option, giving you plenty of options for changing ships but keeping your current price.  It has proven to be very popular for people who can wait a year to sail.

If you want to book another cruise, but not have it price protected through L&S, you can either get a Future Cruise Credit (125% of the cruise fare value) or get a 100% cash refund, which would go back to your original form of payment.  If money is a concern for you, then you would need to wait until you either get the FCC or get your money back to book the replacement cruise.  While it has been taking VERY long to get your money refunded, recently the process time has improved.  If it were me, and I knew which replacement cruise I wanted to book, I would go ahead and book it now and apply the FCC or refund later.  With this latest round of cancellations, there will be a rush to rebook and perhaps price increases as a result.  I would want to get in there ahead of the rush...but that's just me.

Whatever you decide to do, you must either notify your Travel Agent or Royal and let them know what you want to do.

Good luck !!

I’ve been thinking of doing what you say you would do in your last paragraph as I think it could work out better than L&S. Can anyone just clarify what I would receive as FCC please. 
My final balance wasn’t due until Sept but my cruise has just been cancelled. I had only actually paid the 300 deposit. Will my 25% credit be based just on the 300 I have physically paid or be based on the total cruise fare that I was due to pay? Hope that makes sense! Thanks

@MattHird So you asked if the amount was for the entire fare, whether or not it was paid in full,  or the deposit you paid. I think you might be a bit confused. If the deposit was refundable, they would receive a full cash refund for any monies paid. If it was nonrefundable they might get an FCC for monies paid, with a refund of taxes and fees. I have not heard at all, on this forum or CC, of somebody getting a refund of their deposit and an FCC of their other paid fares......with the exception of people who applied an FCC before all the cancellations happened. Now keep in mind this is based off of US rules.