Announcement trend?

Hi all. New here. I have a FOS cruise booked for 4 Oct - from what i have read it is very unlikely to happen which is fine. My question is do RC have any sort of trend of when they announce things like cancellations? For example do they announce once every two weeks...four weeks...etc. How far in advance am i likely to know the outcome? I need to know for work cover purposes. Any contact with the company results in "we don't know" 

The holiday is paid in full and was booked in Feb. 

There is no real "rule" but they do seem to be trending towards monthly announcements of extension of their global suspensions.  It certainly isn't anything you can take to the bank (sorry...bad analogy) but that seems to be the case recently.  Now you're going to ask when, during the month, and I cannot answer that.

Welcome to the blog !!

My September cruise was cancelled on Friday July 17th.  Again doesn't help much but if monthly then I would think next Friday August 14th.  However there is a conference call for business update and second quarter on Monday August 10th at 10a.  If I was a betting man (which I suck at gambling) I would think further cancellations would be announced during the call.

Best of luck and here is to hope we can return to cruising sooner rather than later!

19 hours ago, Royale said:

Hi all. New here. I have a FOS cruise booked for 4 Oct - from what i have read it is very unlikely to happen which is fine. My question is do RC have any sort of trend of when they announce things like cancellations? For example do they announce once every two weeks...four weeks...etc. How far in advance am i likely to know the outcome? I need to know for work cover purposes. Any contact with the company results in "we don't know" 

The holiday is paid in full and was booked in Feb. 

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2020/08/05/royal-caribbean-cancels-most-cruises-until-october-31-2020?fbclid=IwAR0ukypQs0x1l2qbgyKIEwfjBlH71yuv6g1Bn8RdNGLX7u7DVYYYeLZJ2KA

Sorry ?

22 hours ago, Mike Stephens said:

Well, if they are starting with short cruises, I guess my Nov 9th 11 nighter on Lady G will officially be my 3rd cruise cancelled this year.  3 strikes, I'm out ?

We are on an 8 nighter on Lady G over Thanksgiving...final payment in two weeks. First and only time I ever booked NRD but will probably cancel. Thinking I might make the final payment since I cannot see this cruise happening which should mean I get my NRD back. I know, I know, possibly throwing good money after bad but it doesn't seem possible that any cruise happens until 1Q21(at a minimum) with 98% of the crews spread out all over the world, to say nothing of the health protocols still not decided upon, CDC decision-making, etc., etc.

On 8/6/2020 at 1:54 PM, eaglesfaninfl said:

We are on an 8 nighter on Lady G over Thanksgiving...final payment in two weeks. First and only time I ever booked NRD but will probably cancel. Thinking I might make the final payment since I cannot see this cruise happening which should mean I get my NRD back. I know, I know, possibly throwing good money after bad but it doesn't seem possible that any cruise happens until 1Q21(at a minimum) with 98% of the crews spread out all over the world, to say nothing of the health protocols still not decided upon, CDC decision-making, etc., etc.

When ever this starts up, it will have to be gradual.  Crews need to be moved to the ports and reconstituted.   Curious on the percentage of crew that might just hang it up because it becomes such a hassle.