Fake, Made Up and Completely Impossible Virtual Cruise Blog

twangster

The Captain needed to clear the outer decks before engaging the warp drive to zoom us to our next destination so they put on a special late night showing of Pixels in Two70°.  

1905OV-158.jpg

Two70° is a unique venue you won't find on any other class of ship.

1905OV-159.jpg

Our main character and leader of the Pixels gets the show off to a start.

1905OV-161.jpg

1905OV-162.jpg

1905OV-163.jpg

1905OV-164.jpg

1905OV-165.jpg

1905OV-166.jpg

1905OV-167.jpg

1905OV-168.jpg

1905OV-169.jpg

1905OV-170.jpg

1905OV-171.jpg

RDAK-175.jpg

RDAK-176.jpg

All good things must come to and end including a day at Hubbard Glacier.

RDAK-177.jpg

RDAK-178.jpg

RDAK-179.jpg

RDAK-180.jpg

RDAK-181.jpg

RDAK-182.jpg

I could spend several pages on Hubbard Glacier but this is just a sampler to illustrate why I love cruising in Alaska so much.   I really miss Alaska, fingers crossed hoping for a quick return.

Doh!  In my haste to jump over to Radiance I left my SeaPass card on Ovation.  I need to jump back over now since it was free on short range.  

Please enjoy this relaxing aft view Hubbard sail away as I make my way back to Ovation.

8 hours ago, twangster said:

As we approach the crowds thicken and the weather starts to improve.

It amazes me how few people choose to experience the full effect - see it off in the distance, wonder at the increase in floating ice during the approach (I have some great pictures of blue and white striped chunks over the side of the ship), moving around the ship as it pivots to give everyone a good view, watching the glacier fade off into the distance as we sail away.

Notice the complete lack of chair hogs in all of the photos. And what's up with all the heavy coats, etc.? You're on a cruise, people - put on the shorts and sandals!

Since we are nearby let's pop into Juneau.  

The Alaskan Inside Passage is used to reach ports of call such as Juneau which turns out to be the Capital of Alaska and a staple of many Alaska cruise itineraries.  

1905OV-499.jpg

1905OV-501.jpg

A quintessential element of Alaska is the float plane and while visiting Juneau it's hard not to see some.

1905OV-502.jpg

These work horses have been a big part of making Alaska what it is today. 

1905OV-503.jpg

1905OV-504.jpg

So it seems fitting to do the short walk over to the Seaplane base and go for a ride.

1905OV-505.jpg

1905OV-507.jpg