Fake, Made Up and Completely Impossible Virtual Cruise Blog

twangster

The bus ride up the mountain starts with seeing some local deer right outside the port.

RDAK-448.jpg

RDAK-449.jpg

It didn't take long for the pavement to end and the free back massage began (a.k.a. dirt road in an old bus).

RDAK-450.jpg

With my head above the clouds our driver stops to take in the majestic vista.

RDAK-451.jpg

What a great view!  At least I imagine it could be on a nicer day...

RDAK-452.jpg

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Apparently I had more than I thought in the pub last night but shaking off the cobwebs it's now time to wake up and continue.

Wait a minute... what cabin is this?  

What ship is this?

Where am I?  

Perhaps it's time to stick my head out the cabin...

You are suffering from TDS (Transporter Disorientation Syndrome).  It’s very common.  You’ll be ok soon.

??

I met with the Royal Transporter crew and they think they have exactly what I'm looking for.  More on that tomorrow.  They say they have a surprise upgrade in store for me.  

Until then its time to start thinking about leaving ISP (Icy Strait Point) but no worries, I think I may drop in again here before this thread is over.  Until then, it is after all... 5 o'clock.

RDAK-476.jpg

Not one to be the last on board, it's time.  Pier running isn't in my blood or my aging body.  

RDAK-419.jpg

ISP is one the best whale watching destinations on popular cruise itineraries but unlike the excursions offered here, sometimes on sail away the whales are far off in the distance.   The telltale water spouts give them away.

RDAK-432.jpg

Then again, sometimes they pop up a lot closer to the shi

RDAK-430.jpg

RDAK-431.jpg

Sometimes you just need to put the camera down and enjoy moments like these in the moment.

Since I'm in a zip lining mood now would be a good time to visit Royal's original private destination Labadee.  

Luckily there's a ship heading there now and the Royal Transporter team found me the perfect cabin.  If you ever get the chance, you've got to try a Loft Suite, there's few cabins like them at sea.  

Oasis-2.jpg

Oasis-3.jpg

Oasis-4.jpg

Oasis-5.jpg

Oasis-7.jpg

Allure-6.jpg

Oasis-26.jpg