Fake, Made Up and Completely Impossible Virtual Cruise Blog

twangster

All the Empress photos remind me of something that has always boggled the mind - the public spaces on the smaller ships have so much more room to move around. In particular, the Schooner Bar has less chairs and tables in what appears to be MORE space than on some of the newer, bigger vessels.

The reason it's fitting to visit this next port of call while we sail on Empress of the Seas is because they were a package deal of sorts with the acquisition of Admiral Cruises.  

NE1908-47.jpg

Both Empress and CocoCay have come a long way since then.  

The addition of the pier was a game changer and the introduction of Perfect Day at CocoCay was all that many times over.

NE1907-603.jpg

NE1907-601.jpg

NE1907-602.jpg

NE1908-50.jpg

NE1908-92.jpg

NE1907-496.jpg

Sailing from Florida and on Empress of the Seas it was simply unavoidable for me to make this stop at CocoCay.

Let's take a little look around...

The forward deck area is a great place to sail into the sunset but after dark it's also a great place to stargaze.  On this occasion that included Milky Way gazing.

I caught some lightning on the horizon from a distant storm in this next photo.

NE1907-381.jpg

NE1907-382.jpg

Forget sailing into the sunset.  Tonight we sail away into the Milky Way.

NE1907-387.jpg

NE1907-388.jpg

Later as we approached Miami under the cover of darkness it was almost time to debark.

NE1908-270.jpg

I looked down to see the Captain on the bridge wing.  Our eyes met and I gave him the nod.  He understood.  

NE1908-278c.jpg

Warp drive engaged, we are heading back out to sea.

NE1908-271.jpg

NE1908-274.jpg

When it's a made up cruise you can do things like this.

I think I'll stay on Empress one more day, there's an island calling my name.

With that it was time to depart OSJ.

NE1908-162.jpg

NE1908-163.jpg

NE1908-164.jpg

All good things must come to an end including my time on Empress of the Seas.  It seems like Radiance should have reached Hubbard Glacier by now so I think it's time to beam back to where I started.

Tomorrow is another cruise day and I look forward to the cooler Alaskan weather.

I dropped by the Royal Transporter with bags packed but it seems my timing was off.  Radiance was at Hubbard Glacier while I was drinking Painkillers, I mean medicating against the virus on Jost Van Dyke.   

I could beam over to Radiance where she was or pick another ship.  I love the Caribbean but was really looking forward to cooler weather.  The crew suggested New England.  That's actually a pretty decent idea.  Cruising with the Royal Transporter team opens up a whole new aspect of cruising.     

"Surprise me" I said.  "Something on a New England cruise... but keep it on a Royal Caribbean ship" (I need my points to keep climbing the Crown and Anchor ladder).

I'm not sure where I'm heading but I'll find out when I get there.