When do I have to pay?

The beverage packages for our cruise on Ovation are currently 20% off. Once I add them to the shopping cart, do I have to pay for them straight away or does it just add to the total of the cruise that I'm paying off? The same goes for any shore excursions or dining options......

Cheers 😀

I just added a beverage package yesterday (a Sunday) and the charges hit my card the same day.  The same thing happened a few weeks ago when I booked a cabana.

As an additional data point, this is for the Sept group cruise sailing, so final payment hasn't yet been made.

You can added these packages to your shopping cart and just leave them in the cart until about 3 days before the cruise and pay at that time. Or you can pay now, the major difference is that if they are having a sale or change the price. They can stop sales, change pricing etc, until the purchase is paid.

Unlike the cruise fare once you pay the deposit the price is locked in, for these extra packages the price is not confirmed until paid in full.

I added an excursion and beverage package and closed the site before I paid for them on Royal. The next day I went back to pay and they were removed from my cart. I don't think Royal lets you keep them in the cart, in case someone else wants that place on the excursion. I now pay right away.

• 6 years later...
12 hours ago, emcguire513 said:

I am cruising with Royal for the 1st time…

When I put excursions in my cart, will the tickets be saved for future purchase?  Also, will that exact price be locked in? Or will the price go up  and down?
As they usually do. 

I believe the contents of the cart are saved but the price is not locked in and could (probably will) be different when you check back.

Advice is to buy at a price you are comfortable with, you can always cancel and rebook should the price drop in the future.

If I really want something…I’ll book it and pay for it. Then, I’ll keep checking to see if the price drops as the cruise gets closer. If I decide I don’t really want to pay that price, I can cancel and get a refund.

In particular, I’ll book the CocoCay Beach Club and then reprice it if the price drops. But……when I find a lower price, I book it again at the lower price BEFORE I cancel the first booking. I know others have had difficulty doing this as their Planner wouldn’t allow a double booking, but maybe because I’m usually solo it allows me to do it. This ensures that I keep my spot. There have been times where canceling first and then trying to book at the lower price results in losing both spots. The cheaper one is gone before navigating through the payment process…and the original spot is snatched up by someone else.

On 6/5/2016 at 6:56 PM, Polster said:

The beverage packages for our cruise on Ovation are currently 20% off. Once I add them to the shopping cart, do I have to pay for them straight away or does it just add to the total of the cruise that I'm paying off? The same goes for any shore excursions or dining options......

Cheers 😀

You can put them in your cart, but they are not booked until they are paid.  So, you do not hold the price if not paid.  Can cancel later if you want.