Covid Cancellation Questions

rtread

I am anticipating my Halloween birthday cruise being cancelled. How do they (RCL) handle communications about the cancellation and refunds? Do they contact you in any way or are you expected to contact them? I'm not looking forward to that process but I certainly want to be up on procedures. I know there are many that have already enjoyed this process and many more in the same boat (no pun intended) that I am. All help, advice appreciated!

Royal will contact you and your agent if you used one.  They will let you know your options and the process.  I am sure you will learn from these boards before you get the email ?  They have improved the process and it should not be as bad as you have seen.  (Maybe a little too much time doing them to perfect the process ? )    Keeping my fingers crossed for you tho....

Our June 12 British Isles cruise was canceled by Royal on May 20. We received an email that day advising us of three options; Future Cruise Credit, Lift and Shift, or a full refund. The email contained a link for choosing a full refund. Since we were expecting the cruise to be cancel we had already decided we wanted a full refund of all payments. I clicked on the refund link and answered a few questions, i.e., ship name, cruise date, reservation number. I was done in less than five minutes. No phone calls needed. I received credit on my charge card for all the payments made in less than ten days. I was glad I had booked direct instead of using a vacation planner of travel agent.