Break Free: Saudi Arabia invites Cruise Lines to the Red Sea !!

10 minutes ago, Joe01 said:

Never in a million years would I set foot there! If you're a woman or minority of any sort, it would be totally foolish to even consider going to Saudi Arabia.

I've been there. Beautiful country and friendly people. You just have to abide and observe their rules and customs while you're there. 

4 minutes ago, princevaliantus said:

I've been there. Beautiful country and friendly people. You just have to abide and observe their rules and customs while you're there. 

In other words, I need to pretend to be straight to avoid a prison sentence or even the death penalty just to satisfy their medieval beliefs.

No thanks - plenty of much friendlier places to visit. Glad you enjoyed it though.

I find it very ironic (hypocritical ??) that SA is so anxious to have "foreign" cruise passengers in their realm drinking alcohol and gambling when they are (on their face, at any rate) so strictly against such perversions.  Of course, all you have to do is go across the King Fahd Causeway, to the other side of "The Umbrella of Allah", into Bahrain, and you're good-to-go, b/c Allah cannot see you on the other side of the umbrella.  Do whatever you want over there !!  I used to travel to that part of the world quite frequently for business and I find the double standards just too much.  No thanks....for now.

We went to Dubai for the world cup horse race in 2017, unbelievable place, gorgeous. One of the wives we were with had on a T shirt and what I call clam diggers and they told her to change before we went to the stables to see the horse California Chrome, she said she was just going to the barn and they told her it was not appropriate clothing. She changed and we went on our way. Our host told us it´s a lot better than it used to be. I´m not really interested in going back.

2 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I find it very ironic (hypocritical ??) that SA is so anxious to have "foreign" cruise passengers in their realm drinking alcohol and gambling when they are (on their face, at any rate) so strictly against such perversions.  Of course, all you have to do is go across the King Fahd Causeway, to the other side of "The Umbrella of Allah", into Bahrain, and you're good-to-go, b/c Allah cannot see you on the other side of the umbrella.  Do whatever you want over there !!  I used to travel to that part of the world quite frequently for business and I find the double standards just too much.  No thanks....for now.

100 % Correct

I worked in Bahrain and from the Awali oilfield to my apartment on Amwaj Island it took me between 30 - 40 mins depending on time i left and traffic...apart from a Wednesday which was start of Saudi weekend and it could take on average 2 hrs ( worst was 4 hrs )

Hotel car parks were full of cars with Saudi, Kuwaiti and Qatari plates and yeah they were there to party...drink and prostitutes was just the norm for these guys and girls at the weekend, only rule that hotel bars had was that they couldn't enter wearing their robes. 

Thursday night was the worst as a lot of bars and clubs had promotions were woman drank for free the whole night and as that was the start of the bahrain weekend it was chaos at times!