Help with refund

You can also hit them up on Twitter or Facebook and you will get a response. In my case I had waited 60 days for a refund and called my TA who in turn called RCI to find out my refund had fallen through a big dark crevasse (my visual anyways) and got lost. Once that was determined I got a refund within 5 days. 

I have learned in the cruise world having a Travel Agent is almost a mandatory only because the cruise lines can be very hard to deaI with and I think it’s almost by design. 

@mike potts  It is always a good idea to pay with a credit card. In that way you have another option to get refund or money back if there is some problems. I waited about 3 months on my Cruise Planner Cancellations refunds but received them now after my travel agent helped me. I cancelled in end of April and got the refund in end of July. If this would not have worked out my next option would have been to contact my credit card company to get the refund thru them. I suspect Royal Caribbean has financial problems and want to hang on the our money as long as possible.

You can read about my adventure with Royal Caribbean's customer service at page 3 and 4 at this thread.  

I so wish it was a 24 hour turnaround time for dispersal once they have expedited the request to accounting. I was just given the same BS answer for the fourth time in 6 weeks! Then the agent had the tenacity to give me the same boring ETA of two weeks! Not only are they stalling for weeks at a time giving me my refund, they're losing customers undoubtedly by the bucket load with this same type of customer service! 

We have been receiving a $119 refund about every 6 weeks.  Considering how many thousands owed to us for prepaid cruises that have been cancelled by RCL and speed of refunds, we should receive our final refund payment sometime in 2030.

This does not include the thousands of dollars in FCC that will surely expire before a vaccine is available -- oh my!

18 hours ago, Traveler_B said:

We have been receiving a $119 refund about every 6 weeks.  Considering how many thousands owed to us for prepaid cruises that have been cancelled by RCL and speed of refunds, we should receive our final refund payment sometime in 2030.

This does not include the thousands of dollars in FCC that will surely expire before a vaccine is available -- oh my!

• Members
  • 2 posts

I got a random $124 out of over $3000 still owed on a random day weeks ago, and haven't seen a thing since. You're doing better than me!